IGNORED

7 Years Ago Today.

Redarmy987

What a night that was. Trundle had great skill, of that there was no doubt but Swansea had seen the best of him and he was never truly able to live up to our expectations however his finish that night was sublime. Next stop, Wembley!

Those two almost identical dinked goals against S****horpe (I think) in front of the Atyeo were delightful as well mind.

The Mcindoe free kick did it for me, I was only 13 or so at the time! I went absolutely crazy when that flew in, I was right behind it in the EE.

Fantastic night, best moment of my City life so far, hope for a few more.

Probably because he was played on the wing for the majority of his stint.

I think this sums up the difference between Gary Johnson and Cotts. Johnson bought players without really knowing how they would fit into the team - e g Trundle played on the left wing, right wing and various central positions. With Cotts, he decided on a style of play and them bought players to fit.

Those two almost identical dinked goals against S****horpe (I think) in front of the Atyeo were delightful as well mind.

Two very different goals but the one where he chipped it from the edge of the area was one of my favourite city goals ever, no one in the ground knew that was coming! 

• Admin

Against Cambridge maybe circa 2002 or 2003?

I seem to recall Lionel Perez in goal.

Tinnion scored that volleyed free kick against Perez I think.

The 2 Bell FK's actually may have gone in opposite corners but from the same spot outside the Atyeo penalty area?

Ooh, did Mickey score an absolute thunderbolt against Cambridge at the EastEnd?

Tinnion scored that volleyed free kick against Perez I think.

The 2 Bell FK's actually may have gone in opposite corners but from the same spot outside the Atyeo penalty area?

Ooh, did Mickey score an absolute thunderbolt against Cambridge at the EastEnd?

The Tinnion goal was fantastic. Beadle with his back to goal knocks the ball to Tins who does the rest. Perez had just been sent off for handling outside the area so whoever the sub 'keeper was just had to pick the ball out of the net. But that was a different game, New Years 01 I think, didn't we stuff them 5-2 or something?

The Mickey thunderbolt was indeed in front of the East End from somewhere left of the penalty area if I remember rightly. Pretty sure he scored the other in a 2-0 win but can't remember the other goal. This is the game I'm thinking of, but maybe Bobbyhutchscurlymullet is right and it was against Plymouth after all.

EDIT: Tinnion free kick v Cambridge is here... 

Archived