IGNORED

Wade Elliot Abuse

SedRA

So what if he was anyway?

It seems to me that homophobia in football comes more from the p,ayers and their small mindedness than the "proposed" views of us fans.

I seriously couldn't care what sexual orientation any of our players are, in the same way I don't care what religion, race or problems they may have, as long as they try their best for the team and are the best we can get then who really cares???

It's 2015 FFS, I'm sick of reading stuff like this, football supporters have moved on in the majority, hopefully the same can be said about the players????

What is quite telling is that CC uses himself the word 'bully'. Seemingly by his own admission this was not banter, this was not a laugh, this was him deliberately belittling Elliot for the purpose of belittling Elliot. All from a grown and supposidely intelligent man.

For that reason I don't see what relevance it is what may or may not be said or what could or has been said that is worse - his intention and purpose in saying the things he claims to have said and acted in the way he claims to have acted is the serious point here.

Maybe he thought it was banter at the time but only now sees that it could be viewed as 'bullying' behaviour.  That largely depends on how Wade felt about it at the time and how it affected him.

Given the responses on here shouldn't this thread be renamed the 'Clarke Carlisle Abuse'?  The man clearly has serious mental health issues that are affecting himself, his family and others.  By talking about his issues in a public way it may help others with similar problems voice their thoughts and feelings and avoid some of the damage they do to themselves and others.   For me that is worth doing even if he risks the sort of abuse and ridicule it leaves him open to.  Hope he finds some peace for his own benefit and those around him.

Guys got demons but does him self no favours. He should be as far away from the lime light as possible

I note that he calls it bullying so could have been different - but this sort of thing goes on all the time within a team. It's usually all taken the right way and is banter but I think some people would be surprised by the things we say to each other!

Why on earth would you want to start a thread about this? Some things are just best left alone, just washer woman gossip, and very negative for Wade and his family.

OK with you?

`

The question any sane person would ask is why the hell Clarke Carlisle would want to bring it up when prostituting himself to the media yet again. That bloke comes accross as a bad 'un depression/alcoholism or otherwise.

Why on earth would you want to start a thread about this? Some things are just best left alone, just washer woman gossip, and very negative for Wade and his family.

OK with you?

`

Sorry sir, I should have ran it by you first.

What is it with some people thinking they're the Internet police? I just saw the article online and wondered if people had any thoughts about it.

I will not be defending it any further. Thank you.

What is it with some people thinking they're the Internet police? I just saw the article online and wondered if people had any thoughts about it.

An article that mentioned one of player seems fair enough to merit a thread to me.

Sarcy eh? I  don't suppose the even you might think the Internet is the best place to splash around someone's more sensitive matters, this in particular is a nasty article that would be left alone and not worth repeating on a football forum, especially a football forum, you are living proof of that.

Sarcy eh? I don't suppose the even you might think the Internet is the best place to splash around someone's more sensitive matters, this in particular is a nasty article that would be left alone and not worth repeating on a football forum, especially a football forum, you are living proof of that.

It seems you've assumed that your own interpretation of the article is the only interpretation of the article and is therefore of no merit for any other discussion.

While I respect your opinion on the article I don't respect your wish for forum topics to be locked based on your personal ethical or moral evaluation of what value for discussion it has. I have to be honest and say it comes across somewhat as narcissism.

However I may be missing something regarding past incidents on the forum etc, so if that happens to be true I'll happily stand corrected.

Clarke Carlisle is certainly an interesting and very complex character.

I was always a fan of his. I liked him as PFA chairman and enjoyed his documentaries on racism and depression in sport. I even bought his autobiography. However, since reading that, hearing 'alternate' opinions on him from people in the game along with recent happenings I'm beginning to change my mind about the bloke.

Firstly, obviously I've never met him, and nor have many of you, but we still have opinions on people. I also recognise that depression is and illness and not something that can be switched off. The fact that the bloke tried to kill himself shows how serious his condition was/is and I'm not undermining the seriousness of that.

BUT this is a guy who moaned throughout his autobiography about having tight money situations and having mortgages to pay to house his family. Whilst I realise that the money he earned at the back end of his career, combined with lots of travelling, meant he didn't earn 'footballer' type money, someone who has played in the premier league shouldn't have a mortgage anymore. End of. Clearly he pissed his money away and no sympathy there from me. It's not difficult to be responsible with money.

He has repeatedly been done for drink driving which seems like a lesser issue to him and is swept to the side almost. Drink driving is bloody serious and his consistent offences in this says a lot about the man. Maybe he's an alcoholic too, fine, I accept that's an illness as well. But drink driving is his choice.

I also dislike his repeated seeking of attention. He shouldn't be in the news anymore. He shouldn't be doing interviews. He should be sorting himself out rather than putting that poor lorry driver through even more misery. I have absolutely no idea what the Wade Elliott 'gay' abuse has to do with anything at the moment. It is simply and plainly attention seeking.

Clarke Carlisle has had my sympathies for a very long time but there is so much about how he conducts himself that I massively disagree with.

It seems you've assumed that your own interpretation of the article is the only interpretation of the article and is therefore of no merit for any other discussion.

While I respect your opinion on the article I don't respect your wish for forum topics to be locked based on your personal ethical or moral evaluation of what value for discussion it has. I have to be honest and say it comes across somewhat as narcissism.

However I may be missing something regarding past incidents on the forum etc, so if that happens to be true I'll happily stand corrected.

You know what football fans are like, if there's a whiff of anything there will be a song about it, and it can get out of hand in the game. Paedo chants and similar, heard them all down AG, I wonder what the target of the abuse family etc might think?

Seems we are a spiteful lot football fans, and uniquely denied normal services such as being treated like responsible people at football matches, some might say for very good reason.

An article that mentioned one of player seems fair enough to merit a thread to me.

Archived