IGNORED

What's Happened

shire_redz

Becks doesn't seem the player he was for England. He seems to have lost his "engine". Chatting to my mate at work, he reckons Becks is playing a different role for Real Madrid and is not having the sort of training he was getting at Man U. I really feel that this is hindering England's chances, I'd just like to see him play a bit more spritely again. Then again, perhaps it's all those sex allegations affecting him? What do ya reckon?

As far as I'm concerned Beckham has been consistantly #### since greece in 2001. Unfortunately Ericsson seems to view him in a Wilson/Peacock way, and it always seems to be gerrard/butt/lampard/scholes who is removed from the England midfield rather than him. Maybe being brought off a couple of times would give him the kick up the ass he needs to go back to the form we all know he can produce.

Whilst changing the subject slightly but staying with players who are not on form, is it just me or does Owen look a mere shadow of his former self?

I'd be tempted to play Rooney (who is by far the best form player in the England squad) up front with Vassell who always seems to play well when he pulls the shirt on. Possibly bring Owen on from the bench when Croatia are tiring. I just think that Owen needs a kick up the backside.

I'm going to stick up for Becks.

I do agree that he hasn't played that well in the previous two games (mind you I've been too ###### both times to remember much about them!) BUT I don't think he's been BAD. Merely average.

Beckham can win games for you and unlike Gerrard and Scholes etc- he still plays well when the team are playing badly (Gerrard for Liverpool this season has reversed that and now seems to play a backs against the wall game well too).

This is TWO games- Tins, Scotty, Rougier, Phillips, Zidane etc are all capable of having two "average" games. Becks is still in my opinion our best player.

Luckily we now also have a few other "stars" who have developed well over the last season- Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney etc- so our attention is no longer 100% on Beckham.

As for Owen- yeah he's not playing well...BUT again- if a defender forgets about him for 5 seconds he'll have them. Personally I would love to have seen Alan Smith out there pushing Rooney and Owen for a place in the starting XI

Archived