IGNORED

Elliot And Pack? Both Now Signed

City1984

I know they are on their holidays and preseason is a couple of months away but has there been any indication that either one will be signing the contracts they have been offered?

Really rate Marlon and think he will continue to improve and become a class act in the championship. I think how the partnership of Marlon and Korey developes and copes in the championship will be a big factor to our progress next season.

Wade has been a model professional and think he would be fantastic on the development side of things. Could see him becoming a very good manager one day if that was a direction he wished to pursue.

I know they are on their holidays and preseason is a couple of months away but has there been any indication that either one will be signing the contracts they have been offered?

Really rate Marlon and think he will continue to improve and become a class act in the championship. I think how the partnership of Marlon and Korey developes and copes in the championship will be a big factor to our progress next season.

Wade has been a model professional and think he would be fantastic on the development side of things. Could see him becoming a very good manager one day if that was a direction he wished to pursue.

I don't mean to be negative after the fantastic season we have just had but I just cannot see pack being up to championship football, or not for a team looking for more than just survival. He is too slow, cannot tackle and has limited skill. I think we need a couple of new midfielders. Joe Edwards and one other.

I don't mean to be negative after the fantastic season we have just had but I just cannot see pack being up to championship football, or not for a team looking for more than just survival. He is too slow, cannot tackle and has limited skill. I think we need a couple of new midfielders. Joe Edwards and one other.

you wanna get yer glasses checked fella

what a load of old shite

you wanna get yer glasses checked fella

what a load of old shite

Sorry but agree with poster. Think Pack will come unstuck next level up. He looked all over the shop against Swindon...who let's be honest, were decent. However they will struggle in the championship .

Strong league the next one up. I think one or two may struggle to be fair

:facepalm:

Haha 1st pick?? i suggest you speak to some Ipswich fans.

It is Sods law you would respond with another piece of crap! Just check how many games he has played and consistently scored 7/8 in the national news ratings. But hey ho don't let facts get in the way! 

Go on Twitter and type the word Skuse into the search bit. It will come up with every tweet containing that word and pretty much everyone is praise for him. Ipswich fans love him. Mick McCarthy loves him. It's embarrassing that some of our fans still can't see that he is a decent championship midfielder, yet they pick David Noble in their best city 11 of the last 10 years.

Just a thought, when you hear of a player having played in all 4 divisions for the same side do many of that teams fans think xyz will be good enough for the Prem? Often its those hard working midfield types that do it, Ian ashby springs to mind. Some players just adapt very quickly to that next level and push on. Fatty Lambert a prime example, how many would have said he could make it at the top? I wouldn't write pack off just yet, Skuse is another who might just make it to the top flight..

Check freemans stats when he's played with pack.

Case closed.

I agree that Freeman has been better since Pack has came in. Mainly because Freeman can get further forward as Pack is a defensive midfielder with Smith, another defensive midfielder so Freeman has less responsibility to get back. And Pack is now better than Elliot anyway. But I just cannot see Pack being able to cope in the championship. Swindon got after him and he was shocking. He is fine when teams stand off and let him have it in front of our defence. But if a team stick someone on him then he has no skill or speed to get out of a tight situation and gives it away. Unlike Korey Smith who never seems to give the ball away. Plus Pack is not a ball winner and he usually loses out in a race for loose balls in the middle of the park cuz of his lack of pace.

What a load of boll***s , he dictates the play for us , great passer , always available , since he took over from wade we were a lot more difficult to beat , i hope he signs as i think he will be great in the championship .

I agree that Freeman has been better since Pack has came in. Mainly because Freeman can get further forward as Pack is a defensive midfielder with Smith, another defensive midfielder so Freeman has less responsibility to get back. And Pack is now better than Elliot anyway. But I just cannot see Pack being able to cope in the championship. Swindon got after him and he was shocking. He is fine when teams stand off and let him have it in front of our defence. But if a team stick someone on him then he has no skill or speed to get out of a tight situation and gives it away. Unlike Korey Smith who never seems to give the ball away. Plus Pack is not a ball winner and he usually loses out in a race for loose balls in the middle of the park cuz of his lack of pace.

Swindon had 6 in their midfield and we got overrun but Korey Smith was also in that midfield and nobody says a thing. ( I'm a huge KS fan by the way)

You say Pack is not a ball winner, watch him closely in the next game and see how many headers he wins before our defence have to deal with the ball.

It would be my guess if you asked his teammates they would all say he's did a very good job last season.

Just a thought, when you hear of a player having played in all 4 divisions for the same side do many of that teams fans think xyz will be good enough for the Prem? Often its those hard working midfield types that do it, Ian ashby springs to mind. Some players just adapt very quickly to that next level and push on. Fatty Lambert a prime example, how many would have said he could make it at the top? I wouldn't write pack off just yet, Skuse is another who might just make it to the top flight..

I'm just glad that we won't ever have a player play in all four divisions for us (Unless Rob Newman comes out of retirement).

I like Pack, and think we should be trying to keep him.

Swindon had 6 in their midfield and we got overrun but Korey Smith was also in that midfield and nobody says a thing. ( I'm a huge KS fan by the way)

You say Pack is not a ball winner, watch him closely in the next game and see how many headers he wins before our defence have to deal with the ball.

It would be my guess if you asked his teammates they would all say he's did a very good job last season.

Smith spent most of that game pressing from the front. Pack was our midfield for long spells vs Swindon

I hope people who disagree with me are right. I just think pack is a decent league 1 player but I am worried he will struggle against stronger opposition.

I hope people who disagree with me are right. I just think pack is a decent league 1 player but I am worried he will struggle against stronger opposition.

we didn't get over run, we sat back and hit on the counter, theres a difference

Pack is good with the ball at his feet and a bit of time and he wins more headers than he loses. I just think he's not mobile enough to track midfield runners or to compete with decent championship players.

I think he will be used just maybe not as much as he was at the end of this season.

Archived