IGNORED

As We Reflect On The Gift That Gave So Much - Your One Top Memory Of Nlbr?

cityexile

For me it was the relegation day.... like the planets aligning everything went right!

However, as much as I relished them being NL...... 

Top job to them and a well-deserved promotion really. Not an easy job to bounce straight back after that, but they did it.

I think its Ok to congratulate them on that... lets face it we are City and whole bunch classier than them.

Where to start?

From the embarrassing of tweets re 'attendance records', in the vauxhall conference, to lack of dignity shown against the part timers of Alfreton, to the belly aching of trying to coin the phrase 'top 5 divisions', ooh me ribs.

For all my days, its there in black and white, the year Bristol Rovers played amateur non league football.

Its been joyus.

AS much as i relished them being NL. 

Top job to them and a well-deserved promotion really. Not an easy job to bounce straight back after that, but they did it.

Thats the rib tickling punch line, they can now 'toast promotion', to Division 4.

Division 4, deary me, i can remember how much we celebrated them being relegated to it, now theyve been promoted to it!!

How low as a club have they sunk?

So many to choose from...relegated at home against a team playing in Rovers kit...celebrating their non survival against Wycombe...defeats at home to FGR and Bath City...the news that they're gonna be sponsored by a pub next season.

They are 'the gift'.

I think the winning moment for me was when they only managed to sell 26,000 tickets for probably the most important game in their history after droning on time and time again about taking 45k/50k/55k* (*add other made up figures). Made even better by the fact we took over 40,000 a couple of months ago.....considering so many of them are obsessed with attendances this comparison will annoy the shit out of them for years. They can come out with all the ropey excuses in the World but the fact is they haven't lived up to their own hype.

Thanks for the laughs Gasheads, its been great.

Not sure why the thread was removed, we still have the Sainsbury verdict - could give a lot more than we've already had...

The mod's finger must've been literally hovering on the mouse button to lock it the second the whistle blew. Power crazy zealots.

HAAA HAAA, you're not laughing any more!

Okay, maybe you are. I'm just relieved.

As much as I have enjoyed visiting all the new places this season, I certainly wasn't looking forward to any more cold November Tuesday nights in Alfreton for a 0-0 draw. In fact, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been going to those sort of games any more, as it is, at least I can tick off Stevenage next year, and we have the glamour of the JPT and the League Cup to look forward to.

I have had a shite week on a personal level, so today did bring some light relief, it was an awful game, in which Grimsby were slightly better than us, but the end result was all that mattered to me, and the nightmare is- at least for now- over., and we are in a division that I once used to dread dropping down into.

As much as I have enjoyed visiting all the new places this season, I certainly wasn't looking forward to any more cold November Tuesday nights in Alfreton for a 0-0 draw. In fact, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been going to those sort of games any more, as it is, at least I can tick off Stevenage next year, and we have the glamour of the JPT and the League Cup to look forward to.

I have had a shite week on a personal level, so today did bring some light relief, it was an awful game, in which Grimsby were slightly better than us, but the end result was all that mattered to me, and the nightmare is- at least for now- over., and we are in a division that I once used to dread dropping down into.

Obviously I didn't want you to win today but you, 'In The Net' and 'Bert Tann' have been good sports over the last year despite the relentless piss taking so for that...cong...con...congr....you know.

Fair play to you Miah!Can't say it was the result I wanted today but you have been a good sport this year. Hope you lose the court case and get relegated again next year but hope things pick up for you on a personal level.

Hi Miah,

No; certainly not laughing and genuinely pleased for you - a strong Bristol is better for both of us.

Sorry to hear of your bad personal week and hope it sorts itself out.

Congratulations and all the best for next season.

Happy for you mate. Sorry about your personal problems.

Archived