IGNORED

Predicted Finish In Championship?

Championship 2015/16 Finish  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know we have not had chance to see what signings we will make and which we players we may lose, but what is your early feeling as to where we will finish next season?

I reckon we will get off to a good start but will fall away towards the end of the season and end up mid table, which would be great for a first season in the Champ.

I would be very happy with a 7th-12th finish.  I don't think it will be like the last time we were newly promoted to the Championship, but I think we have just enough to be secure in mid-table.  Hopefully we build from there over the next couple of years.

I genuinely believe that this seasons squad would have finished in the play offs if they had played in this seasons Championship.

As long as any new additions don't unsettle the cohesion, I reckon we should be in with a good chance of this next season.

Yes 7th to 12th would be a very good first season back but I personally would be disappointed to finish lower than 6th.

We'll be the only club in the league who would be Champions from the previous season, 16 games unbeaten, brimming with confidence.

The stadium entering the second half phase, sell outs every week, I honestly believe SL will back SC over the summer and will be devising a plan to be challenging at the top.

Yes it's football in one of the most difficult leagues in the world and there are no guarantees but SL isn't getting any younger and I think he has every intention of playing the first league match at a completed Ashton Gate against the likes of Chelsea infront of 27,000.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cotts came out in July and said 'right, we want to win it". :)

Gone with 7th - 12th with some new faces feel this squad will do well next season, consolidate then build! Just one question though I see one person voted for relegation??? assuming we have a sag amongst us? or just the most pessimistic of city fans?

For me I'd be happy for City to consolidate the first year and get a mid table finish. I think the key to next season is building on the infrastructures that we have now got in place. Obviously the squad will need some strengthening but this year could be a good year to improve other aspects of Bristol City, ala the academy.

I'd like to think that we'd be pushing for playoffs and use our team spirit and momentum to keep going, my only fear is that a few losses on the bounce would put a huge dent in the teams confidence. They are used to winning so three losses in a row may finish them.

However I'm a pessimist.

Someone's having banter with relegation surely!

Personally think we will finish top 7..Obviously its right to be a bit cautious but i bet you the vast majority of Championship clubs will be expecting us to be a force next season, dont buy all this 'big' club 'small' club crap.. We have momentum which will worry many.

I know we have not had chance to see what signings we will make and which we players we may lose, but what is your early feeling as to where we will finish next season?

I reckon we will get off to a good start but will fall away towards the end of the season and end up mid table, which would be great for a first season in the Champ.

Will go roundabout 13th/14th which if we do would be a solid if unspectacular return to the championship..would take it now to be honest,with hopefully a top half finish the following season.much,of course,depends on getting the right players-and importantly characters in....

Who said relegated?

That was me. I'm usually wildly optimistic (see last seasons predictions which, in the main, came true for a change), but yesterday this question caught me in a "go for the worst and you won't be disappointed" kind of mood.

My more realistic guess for next season would be mid-table. Having no idea who we're going to recruit at the moment, fearing we may miss JET more than we might have thought and thinking that the rest of the division will remember what happened last time we came up and be a bit more ready for it this time.

I'm worried now, am I turning into a pessimist? I've never been one before, feels weird....

That was me. I'm usually wildly optimistic (see last seasons predictions which, in the main, came true for a change), but yesterday this question caught me in a "go for the worst and you won't be disappointed" kind of mood.

My more realistic guess for next season would be mid-table. Having no idea who we're going to recruit at the moment, fearing we may miss JET more than we might have thought and thinking that the rest of the division will remember what happened last time we came up and be a bit more ready for it this time.

I'm worried now, am I turning into a pessimist? I've never been one before, feels weird....

You're a City fan, and this is the first time you've felt pessimistic? What's the secret, fella?

Archived