IGNORED

New Kit Leak?

mattjtsmith

Many will share that view.

City already have a strong identity linked to its regionalism. The colours of the Gows, Hunters, Whiteheads is a traditional red, white and white and black away. The same identity is celebrated at the Lions flag day and by the flags covering the Dolman v Walsall - A red, white and black one [to a lesser degree].

The Purple and Lime gimmick has little place in that traditionalism.

Does winning league titles have much place in traditionalism?

• Admin

Completely agree with you - I believe those that like this new kit are those that were not around when we beat Liverpool etc

Yes we beat them in the cup, but my memory of that kit was how shit we were under Russel Osman that season

There is nothing in those colours that relates to our history or idendity - it was part of last season, let's move on and leave it there

Alternatively 8000(?) saw us win at Anfield in that colour & many more on tv afterwards. Mere 100s would have seen our less impressive performances in other away games in those colours so that is their only memory of that kit. Was also the colours the year before when Jackie & Cole wore it and could have created more positive feelings. Now we've won a league title in it the current generation will feel positive about it too. I'd get used to it featuring in the cycle of away colours or even permanently as a 3rd colour Phants.

I had an email this morning from Camp Retro - money off retro kits and free retro printing.

In case any fully grown adults want to relive their youth - 

http://www.camporetro.com/Shop-By-Team/Football-League/Bristol-City

Half tempted by the Hirerite shirt, but I can just remember the material being awful, and me being itchy and sweaty.....30 years on I don't see it getting any better!

Half tempted by the Hirerite shirt, but I can just remember the material being awful, and me being itchy and sweaty.....30 years on I don't see it getting any better!

The 1976 shirt had umbro logo down the side so that one isn't authentic.

Agree the Hirerite one is tempting

Archived