IGNORED

What Is The Drunkest

Robin101

Had a kip when the lights went out against the Scousers...

.then, when someone was kind enough to wake me up, as everyone was leaving the Dolman, I stumbled down a few steps and went right over on my ankle and had to

have a week off work for the swelling to come down..... do i win a fiver?

In recent memory, possibly City home to Northampton in 2007 (1-0 win courtesy of Kevin Betsy):  took a friend along to the game (FCUM supporter) and we had been in Bar Salt beforehand to watch Liverpool v Man United when O'Shea scored a last minute winner at the Kop End:  hate to think how much we had before the match, game itself is a blur, and it all went horribly wrong later that night.

Away from City, messiest was possibly Man City v Crystal Palace in 1989:  had been out the day before and the morning of:  after 15 minutes had to stagger to the loos in the away end, fell asleep and woke up close to final whistle.

Edit:  just remembered another:  went up to Chicago for USA v England (2005 maybe?):  got dragged to a pub by a friend at 9am, since he wanted to watch the Scottish Cup final.  Aside from knowing Kieran Richardson scored a couple don't recall much from the game, other than hurling abuse at John Motson for some unknown reason.

The last home game against Leeds, fell asleep as soon as I sat down. One of my mates woke me up at full time. The lift I had arranged back to Portishead had gone without me, so walked over to the bus stop and fell asleep. Got on the bus about 9.00 and yes you've guessed it fell asleep !. When I woke up the bus was just leaving Portishead so I ended up walking home, eventually I got home about 11.00.

City had lost 2/0 so didn't make for good watching through squinted eyes. The day hadn't been good, my own stupid fault, as I had been dragged into the pub at nine o'clock by a mate, plus I had just started a course of strong medication .

The only plus side is I didn't get involved in all the trouble, unlike my mate who got a ban.

Did I learn a lesson?

The last home game against Leeds, fell asleep as soon as I sat down. One of my mates woke me up at full time. The lift I had arranged back to Portishead had gone without me, so walked over to the bus stop and fell asleep. Got on the bus about 9.00 and yes you've guessed it fell asleep !. When I woke up the bus was just leaving Portishead so I ended up walking home, eventually I got home about 11.00.

City had lost 2/0 so didn't make for good watching through squinted eyes. The day hadn't been good, my own stupid fault, as I had been dragged into the pub at nine o'clock by a mate, plus I had just started a course of strong medication .

The only plus side is I didn't get involved in all the trouble, unlike my mate who got a ban.

Did I learn a lesson?

I remember that game, think it was the one where I watched as several Leeds fans got bounced down the stairs from a great height in the dolman :laugh:

A few come to mind.

about 16 years ago in my younger days, i smashed in enough Southern Comfort to drown a dog at home to Burnley. I could not walk up the Dolman steps and ended up pretty much crawling up to the top of block A. The match was a blur and to this day i still do not know what happened after. woke up next day fully clothed sleeping on my kitchen floor.

Away to Palace in 07/08 i had been to a party the night before, i got home at 7am in time to grab my train tickets and get to London. i was drunk as a skunk before the day had started then i hit it again in London. ended up falling asleep in the ground.

Paris with England a few years back. flying from Exeter late afternoon. for some reason we got to Exeter early morning and then went on it. had 8 pints before getting on the flight and had a few on the plane too. some Plymouth fans had to help us get through CDG after landing as me and my mate could barely see. Then had a big night out in Paris which ended in vomit decorations. The next day was match day so we drowned out our hangovers with rum, then plenty of beer and then more rum. Dont remember anything of the game but do remember climbing the fencing inside the ground into the home end to put up a Bristol City flag. After the game we hit it hard and again i ended up decorating central Paris with my daily intake before finding a random bush to have a well earned nap.

plenty more now i am thinking of it, i could go on for some time.

Cardiff away just after Pulis left, three wise men in charge. 0-0. I was drunk most of a bottle of spirits and was completely bananas. Didn't know the difference between half time and full time and was shouting "Your Mum" at Cardiff fans. I wrote a blow by blow account of the day somewhere to document the mess I descended into.

Playoff final at Cardiff vs Brighton in 04.

I was only 17 and my brother, dad and I had been drinking in the streets in Cardiff for hours before.

Remember almost nothing about the game other than standing up and singing whilst all around me was quiet, berating fellow fans for not doing the same.

Shades of Delia, very embarrassing looking back!

A few come to mind.

about 16 years ago in my younger days, i smashed in enough Southern Comfort to drown a dog at home to Burnley. I could not walk up the Dolman steps and ended up pretty much crawling up to the top of block A. The match was a blur and to this day i still do not know what happened after. woke up next day fully clothed sleeping on my kitchen floor.

Away to Palace in 07/08 i had been to a party the night before, i got home at 7am in time to grab my train tickets and get to London. i was drunk as a skunk before the day had started then i hit it again in London. ended up falling asleep in the ground.

Paris with England a few years back. flying from Exeter late afternoon. for some reason we got to Exeter early morning and then went on it. had 8 pints before getting on the flight and had a few on the plane too. some Plymouth fans had to help us get through CDG after landing as me and my mate could barely see. Then had a big night out in Paris which ended in vomit decorations. The next day was match day so we drowned out our hangovers with rum, then plenty of beer and then more rum. Dont remember anything of the game but do remember climbing the fencing inside the ground into the home end to put up a Bristol City flag. After the game we hit it hard and again i ended up decorating central Paris with my daily intake before finding a random bush to have a well earned nap.

After reading this, I thought it was an obituary!

By definition difficult to remember, but do recall an away day in Cambridge early 90s when you have to walk across a field with allotments from the pub ... somehow we managed to obtain some supermarket trolleys which came in handy to push those who couldn't hardly walk anymore.

Remember this being the wonderful day where the 'Rennie for Scotland'chant got it's first and possibly last airing - that shows how much under the influence people were!

A few come to mind.

Bravo sir!

Lots of falling asleep experiences in grounds, notably a nice kip , on tbd the terrace at salter gate.

I think one of the worst times i was against rovers under John Ward and i literally saw double in everything. I can remember trying so hard to concentrate on the ball, but to no avail.

2006 World Cup in Germany. Turned up in Frankfurt with a couple of mates for England's opener with no plan where we'd be staying or what we'd be doing. After copious amounts of Weissbier ended up rocking up to a club at 1am in my beer soaked England shirt & convinced the bouncer we were mates with Pete Tong. Randomly bumped into some fellow City fans from Keynsham. Finally fell asleep under a giant Euro sign in the financial district at 5am. Later found our car had been towed and had to go all the way out to the compound to pay for its release. The most random but funniest 48hrs of my life.

England 5-1 vs Croatia. Started (very) early and was in the posh seats through work. Spent most of the game swearing at/singing at/abusing at anyone who came within 10 foot of me... including work colleagues and clients (who I didn't know were going to be there).

Luckily they took it in good humour but it certainly wasn't my finest hour.

Last thing I remember was singing abuse at a bunch of Millwall fans on the tube and having to make a sharpish exit before I got myself killed.

Basically I had too much and acted like a grade A****.

Chester away 89.

Travelled up in a aromatic luxury removal van.

No seats.

Bucket for wee.

Packed in like illegal immigrants from Calais.

The only light we had in the back was fags and spliffs.

Left at cider o clock before it was light.

Arrived in Chester at 12.00 barely able to communicate with the rest of the human race.

The youth call it blazin..

Beautiful pub, dark woods, classy and with an open fire.

Then the ranting raving began in earnest.

I and friend sort our kicks dancing on tables.

We fell in the fire.

Me and my friend had to be extinguished with slaps, punches and beer.

I do not understand why two distressed looking men smelling of smoke, alcohol and wearing burnt ash covered clothing were not allowed into Sealand Road.

Chester away 89.

Travelled up in a aromatic luxury removal van.

No seats.

Bucket for wee.

Packed in like illegal immigrants from Calais.

The only light we had in the back was fags and spliffs.

Left at cider o clock before it was light.

Arrived in Chester at 12.00 barely able to communicate with the rest of the human race.

The youth call it blazin..

Beautiful pub, dark woods, classy and with an open fire.

Then the ranting raving began in earnest.

I and friend sort our kicks dancing on tables.

We fell in the fire.

Me and my friend had to be extinguished with slaps, punches and beer.

I do not understand why two distressed looking men smelling of smoke, alcohol and wearing burnt ash covered clothing were not allowed into Sealand Road.

Got suckered by the "who is the reserve keeper?" Question most likely.

Being quite young, I haven't had many, but I once recall going to Wembley with England, can't remember who against, but we were atrocious. I was up in the gods, and was off of my face. I remember moments, including me throwing both of my shoes at Paul Robinson, missing (obviously), and hitting some nice gentleman in the back of the head, before being kicked out. 

Archived