IGNORED

S'end V Wycombe

22A

The cheating barstewards have lost. No karma or any nonsense like that. They just lost. Just like they were about to lose 3-1 when they decided to call the match off because it was raining quite a lot earlier in the evening. If Bristol City had a match abandoned in those circumstances, people on here would have been frothing at the mouth, and quite rightly.

That is the real reason Rovers fans hate the Cheats. Not because of the silly legal nonsense Higgs tried to start. No-one agreed with him, and it was an embarrassment.

As was widely reported at the time, it was the Wycombe H&S guy who made the call. I am well over it by the way! :cool:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-boss-Mark-McGhee-accepts-good/story-16771174-detail/story.html

John White a Spurs legend killed by lightening on a golf course and a non league player killed by lightening during an FA cup match during the 1960's. 

That's just 2 off the top of my head.

My recollection of your game was that they were trying to protect the 15,000 traveling fans on that day.

Anyway you had your revenge dancing on the pitch to the strains of "we are staying up".

The cheating barstewards have lost. No karma or any nonsense like that. They just lost. Just like they were about to lose 3-1 when they decided to call the match off because it was raining quite a lot earlier in the evening. If Bristol City had a match abandoned in those circumstances, people on here would have been frothing at the mouth, and quite rightly.

That is the real reason Rovers fans hate the Cheats. Not because of the silly legal nonsense Higgs tried to start. No-one agreed with him, and it was an embarrassment.

We don't 'froth at the mouth' over this side of gods fair city - probably because we don't punch animals so have less chance of catching any animal based diseases. Oh well, good for you, you get to play them next season now don't you. And I'll bet that they take 6 points off of you. Like most of the other teams in the Div 2. So please now trot along and crawl back into your Flea Pit from whence you came

Yeah I guess it wouldn't of been so bad had they just left the covers off knowing Bristol was expecting torrential rain the night before a match against a team who were on a good run!

Hypocrite.

Can we not have a section for gasheads who clearly only come on here in order to get a response?

I've no problem with In The Net or Miahdenney as they don't just post when the weather is fair.

Anyone else just see the news clip of the Southend fans who'd left before the end and were running back to Wembley to try and get back in once Southend had equalised? Dont know if they got back in but that'll teach them for leaving before the end - especially as Southend isn't particularly far from Wembley

Anyone else just see the news clip of the Southend fans who'd left before the end and were running back to Wembley to try and get back in once Southend had equalised? Dont know if they got back in but that'll teach them for leaving before the end - especially as Southend isn't particularly far from Wembley

Yeah saw that s'mornin on the news, shouldn't have left early ...don't know if they managed to get back in.

Take it from me, the H&S guy can only recommend to the referee that the game should be abandoned. The final call will always come from the ref. 

Maybe so but I'd be surprised if any ref vetoed a health and safety recommendation due to the amount of trouble they would get in if something bad then happened...

I'm sure I remember my JPT tickets clearly stating there was no readmission on them and guessing the same would apply here and they didn't get back in.  Serves them right.  The fact they were rushing back means they clearly didn't have anywhere urgent to be so there's absolutely no excuse for leaving when your team is only one down in that big a game and there's still time to play. 

I'm sure I remember my JPT tickets clearly stating there was no readmission on them and guessing the same would apply here and they didn't get back in.  Serves them right.  The fact they were rushing back means they clearly didn't have anywhere urgent to be so there's absolutely no excuse for leaving when your team is only one down in that big a game and there's still time to play.

Hope the didn't get back in too. As you say, clearly weren't leaving early as had to be elsewhere. They left because they thought they had lost and probably didn't want to be there at the final whistle when Wycombe celebrated. We all know anything can happen in football. Serves them right!

Archived