IGNORED

Middlesborough V Norwich

RUMNEY RED

This was a great game for the first 15 mins. Other than that, I don't think boro have really been at the races. Norwich want it more and i don't think boro look like scoring. It's going to take something special to get boro back in the game with 10 mins left.

This was a great game for the first 15 mins. Other than that, I don't think boro have really been at the races. Norwich want it more and i don't think boro look like scoring. It's going to take something special to get boro back in the game with 10 mins left.

Indeed. Boro look a million miles from how good they were in the second leg against Brentford. Credit to Norwich though, they've done everything right.

Boro look absolute kack & Albert hasn't improved one bit. we will finish above them next season on this showing.

They've been very poor today but they've been at the top end of the league all season on merit. Would expect them to be challenging for playoffs next season but you can probably say that about 15 or so teams in this league next year!

They were a class above Boro and deserve to go up no doubt.

The selfish positive here is that it removes a team who would have been receiving parachute payments from the division, which works in our interests.

Realistically, Norwich have improved game-on-game almost since they for this new manager in, while Boro may struggle to maintain their momentum next season, as they'll be more vulnerable to being cherry-picked for player who've impressed thanks to not having the padding of ex-prem payments, and that the manager will need to go back to the drawing board again this summer.

Possibly the best result for us, to be fair.

Not sure Boro would have been any less 'yawn' - they've been in the Prem for the majority of its existence!

Not really havent been in the top flight for 6 yrs and a few local derbies with Sunderland and Newcastle would have been entertaining. Norwich are just a 'yawn' club.

Not really havent been in the top flight for 6 yrs and a few local derbies with Sunderland and Newcastle would have been entertaining. Norwich are just a 'yawn' club.

Sure they would say the same about us.

And, of course, before the Premier League all was dark and void...

Never said that. But considering I was 5 years old when the premier league as I know it came into existence, I can't speak much about what went before it without delving into the record books!

For almost all of my football watching life, Boro have been a top tier side. Better?

That would be a nice surprise; where'd you hear that (not questioning the truth of it btw, just interested)?

I seem to recall something along those lines

That must be new then because back in Johnson's time here if a team who were due parachute payments the next season got promoted, the money was definitely shared between the Championship clubs. #closedshop

I thought that was if 2+ of the teams went back up and the money was only shared out between the top 10, just remember hearing that a few years back

• Admin

I thought that was if 2+ of the teams went back up and the money was only shared out between the top 10, just remember hearing that a few years back

GJ once mentioned in an interview that if x went up it would be good for us as we would share their parachute payment.

Archived