IGNORED

Promotion Payments

Eynsham Red

Not a lot, I also read a few days ago the other prem clubs would be hoping Norwich won as they would have been due a parachute payment of around 40 million(I think that's how much it said) and that would be divided up by the rest of the clubs, personally I think if this happens it should filter down the leagues but sadly the bigger clubs think of only themselves.

Not a lot, I also read a few days ago the other prem clubs would be hoping Norwich won as they would have been due a parachute payment of around 40 million(I think that's how much it said) and that would be divided up by the rest of the clubs, personally I think if this happens it should filter down the leagues but sadly the bigger clubs think of only themselves.

wat a kin surprise that is

brown envelope time again

I thought these payments get divided between championship sides? Not sure if we get any this time though as we have just come up

I thought these payments get divided between championship sides? Not sure if we get any this time though as we have just come up

you may be right but the report I read im pretty sure it said it was the prem clubs that got it, .......don't know how to post link but it was in the Mirror online so how correct it is I don't know but it said Prem clubs got to share

60 mil for season in prem, 22 mil for season 1 IF relegated(parachute payment), 18 mil for season 2, then 10 mil for season 3/4, ie 120 mil. Parachute will cover a fair few 3/4 year contracts of 30/40k a week new players...

I read some ten years ago that the total gate receipts for the play off games in a league, less match day costs, are distributed equally between all the 24 clubs in the league. This does not include other income like refreshments.

If I have it right, then we get the same cash amount as the clubs like Swindle and PNE.

Can anyone confirm this or is it not the case?

When we played Hull in the po final I'm sure I read that the convention was that instead of the Wembley gate receipts being split between the finalists, the winners gave up their share to the Loders. The financial logic being that getting to the premises dwarfed the gate receipts.

I read some ten years ago that the total gate receipts for the play off games in a league, less match day costs, are distributed equally between all the 24 clubs in the league. This does not include other income like refreshments.

If I have it right, then we get the same cash amount as the clubs like Swindle and PNE.

Can anyone confirm this or is it not the case.

Didn't Hicks' say that they we're expecting around a million for their day out or am I imagining it?

• Admin

So Norwich was being paid by parachute payments when they were in the championship.

Now what happens to that money now they are back in the premiership ?

Am sure someone will correct me on this, but in the past it used to be split between the rest of the sides in the Championship.

But am sure that I read somewhere that this is not the case anymore and would instead be given amongst Premier League sides???

Am sure someone will correct me on this, but in the past it used to be split between the rest of the sides in the Championship.

But am sure that I read somewhere that this is not the case anymore and would instead be given amongst Premier League sides???

that is correct if you make a return before the end of tha parachute payment period all outstanding monies get added to the championship prize pot and is split between the remaining teams,

so in theory the best result next season for city is to win the play-offs, the second best result is to go up automatically

and the 3rd is to stay up and hope the 3 relegated clubs all go back up so we have a bigger share of the prize money on offer

that is correct if you make a return before the end of tha parachute payment period all outstanding monies get added to the championship prize pot and is split between the remaining teams,

so in theory the best result next season for city is to win the play-offs, the second best result is to go up automatically

and the 3rd is to stay up and hope the 3 relegated clubs all go back up so we have a bigger share of the prize money on offer

So. Is anybody able to advise definitively whether the (no longer necessary) parachute payment is divided between Premier or Championship teams?

So. Is anybody able to advise definitively whether the (no longer necessary) parachute payment is divided between Premier or Championship teams?

championship clubs,

I'll look for the documentation for it later bu I'm 95% sure its championship club, which is why prize money in the championship is growing,

tbh the championship is pretty much the prem 2 in all but name now. the difference between prize money and tv money between championship and league one teams is massive,

championship clubs,

I'll look for the documentation for it later bu I'm 95% sure its championship club, which is why prize money in the championship is growing,

tbh the championship is pretty much the prem 2 in all but name now. the difference between prize money and tv money between championship and league one teams is massive,

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/every-premier-league-club-wants-5756658

Archived