IGNORED

Lma League One Manager Of The Year (Merged)

Smokey

Not sure he deserved it, seeing as we apparently had such a massive budget, plus of course the amazing legacy of his predecessor...

Oh i don't know, thought he did well considering he's an "inarticulate wurzel" who is an "advocate of long ball football".....

............well someone had to do it.

Just watched a link from Skysports re league performance of the week in April (6-0 at Bradford) where SC said we paid out 1.6m and got in just under 2m for Baldock. Those players he signed, as well as the ones already here such as Bryan, Flint and Williams, are now worth a lot more. So the club not only made a profit on player movements but will also see a healthy profit should any player leave. Good management.

But if others want to bang on about how we bought the L1 title, thats life and goodbye.

I agree, and cotterill did a fantastic job and brought in the right players, but spending 1.6 million on a couple of new players at league 1 level is impossible for 23 of the other clubs. He still did a fantastic job, and god knows with bcfc budget does not equal success.

I agree, and cotterill did a fantastic job and brought in the right players, but spending 1.6 million on a couple of new players at league 1 level is impossible for 23 of the other clubs. He still did a fantastic job, and god knows with bcfc budget does not equal success.

Sheffield United mk Dons Peterborough Leyton orient Preston were all capable of spending that sort of money it just they didn't bring in the required quality to get them up (ml dons and Preston aside)

And don't forget that other clubs used or abused the loan system to the hilt.

All these comment on social media are pissing me off.. if it was about the money we would have been up last season or the one before... hell we would be in the prem... No what Steve did this year was superb.. yes he bought well but most of all he got the team playing good football, difficult to beat and he fully deserved these accolades.

A million of that came from selling players.

its possible for almost any club when they have received nearly 2 million from selling 1 player

We won the league by a larger margin, had more points, and a better goal difference than Bournemouth...

Howe won the overall manager of the year, and I'm not complaining really as he did a great job, but it could easily have gone to Cotterill, maybe should have.

We won the league by a larger margin, had more points, and a better goal difference than Bournemouth...

Howe won the overall manager of the year, and I'm not complaining really as he did a great job, but it could easily have gone to Cotterill, maybe should have.

Thing is, no one expected Bournemouth to do what they have done

SC was unlucky that Bournemouth and Howe performed how they did last season - fair play to them.

Most other seasons he would have got the top gong.

nah Jose would of got it if Howe didn't have such a great season with Bournmouth,

Archived