IGNORED

Who Pulls The Strings?

Port Said Red

We released several players before we "released" the old manager, so presumably Tinman didn't get a say in those decisions.

We are enquiring after and being linked with new players whilst he is on his honeymoon. While I realise that modern technology allows for greater long distance communications these days, how involved is he in these discussions?

Are these moves being manipulated by the players agents, the chairman or some one else?

I hope our new manager ends up with a squad of his own choosing and not others, as if he is not successful he will be the one that suffers the consequences.

Tins left a list of the players he was interested in before he left for his holidays. Add to that the fact that you can now use Mobile phones wherever you are around the world, I think you can guarantee that any players coming in will be because Brian wants them.

I'm sure that Tins and Steve are in regular contact and that no player will be signed if Tins doesn't want him.

Brian has gone on record as saying that he'll do it his way, and we can assume that means building a team of players who he wants and who he thinks can do a job for Bristol City. Obviously the Chairman has an input, it's his money after all, but the final say must always be with the manager.

Archived