IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

14 minutes ago, TomF said:

Off topic slightly but what’s happened to England women. Really fallen away lately. 

I think it`s more that the Aussies are bloody good ATM. England are in a bit of transition too TBF.

Back on topic - 100+ for the seventh wicket and still going, well played lads!

Edited by Red Right Hand

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Samit Patel is the concussion sub for Nash for the remaining two days. Not sure how like-for-like that is!

I thought that. It's a bit cheeky given they've just seen our spinners take 8 wickets between them!

15 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I thought that. It's a bit cheeky given they've just seen our spinners take 8 wickets between them!

As far as I'm aware concussion subs are allowed to bowl but are only permitted if they're deemed to be like-for-like replacements? If so then would, or indeed should, Patel be allowed to bowl? Not as far as I'm concerned unless I've the rules wrong and it wouldn't be the first time!

What sort of total would people be happy to defend? I haven't seen any of it but seems like the pitch is turning now.

We have a crack of winning this at Middlesex now- they're 114/5- a lead of 84. If that happens it makes a West County derby in top flight a possibility- 3 go up after all.

Certainly with plenty of sides beating each other and us having games in hand, under the radar could be a way forward.

Some surprises in this League- Middlesex still bottom of the County Championship. 1 win in 8 before today.

Looking briefly at the top division- where hopefully we can be next season. :thumbsup:

I struggle to see how Patel is a like for like for Nash- his batting is quite a bit superiod, historically at least and given he's a spin bowler too- not that he's bowling- he'll be more comfortable on a turning pitch.

6 down!

PS. Middlesex the sleeping giants of the 4-day game, to an extent Durham too but their success more recent- financially impaired too.

Glamorgan being top around the halfway point but more significantly with a reasonable margin in the top 3 is quite a surprise! Likely 2nd after this round. Middlesex being bottom well good odds back in April IMO!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Improvement- plus looked up regs

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Partnership BROKEN.

Two quick wickets...if we can keep Middlesex to 200 or so, it maybe on. Not much margin for error though, the lead 194.

Stop referring to Gloucestershire as 'we', it's confusing the hell out of me. This is clearly a Somerset forum, your views belong on Gaschat ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Stop referring to Gloucestershire as 'we', it's confusing the hell out of me. This is clearly a Somerset forum, your views belong on Gaschat ?

Looks like it could be a West Country double- 216 to win at bottom of table Middlesex, albeit a bit of a result wicket.

Now or never with 3 going up for promotion hopes- time shouldn't be an issue for either side this week- looking like quite the title race up there though!

If you win you'll be averaging 18.22 ppg and yet still only less than a win ahead of Essex it seems??

In prior years, I've a feeling with your current points haul you'd be well clear by now?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous