IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Every ****ing game.  Can they ever finish a side off easily.

We'll probably let them get 150 lead and lose. 

Relax for goodness sake, it'll be fine. Although given that you support City and Somerset I can understand you must be a bag of neuroses and disappointments.

Having been born in Yorkshire and being a lifelong supporter I still want them to do well. But, if Somerset do manage it this year would be great - it's ridiculous they've never won the Championship and they've deserved it on a fair few occassions.

10 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Somerset have a knack of getting teams 7-8 down and then letting them pile on a decent partnership. I apprecaite there are very few rabbits in county cricket anymore.  Think my frustation comes from getting in the car at Knutsford and listening to the game all the way to where I am now.. in Sunderland. I was in good spirits when those first two fell after lunch.. then it seemed like a million miles till Leach took the next just after tea. I think that interval was damn needed.

Interesting at OT.  Lancs couldn't.. could they?

I wouldn't have thought Lancs will win, but Middlesex are only 115 on so you can't see a declaration much before lunch tomorrow, leaving only 2 sessions to get Lancs out. Surely even Lancs could survive that....

Not sure Middlesex can do too much to produce a result wicket. Bearing in mind that Yorkshire can still win the Championship and they'll have the choice of what to do first.

For a man like me with dual nationaility (Yorkshire and Somerset) it's what you Bristolians would call a dilemmal.

Edited by Calculus

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

But Somerset will need a 23 point win assuming that it if its a draw at Lords Middlesex could get 13 points in a draw.  They'd then need to produce a wicket that's decent enough for 350 first time around but will allow our bowlers take 20 wickets.. the result pitches of late have given us more like 19-21 points.

Lancs pulling off a incredible result would be rather nice.. come on Jos, put them to the sword tomorrow.

Mmmm. For the first time in my life, and through gritted teeth: "Come on Lancashire".

(Feel dirty now...)

• Admin

From the BBC:

Title permutations

Whatever the outcome of the Lancashire v Middlesex game today, we are going to have a three-horse title race next week.

The maximum number of points Yorkshire can now get is 228, the maximum for Somerset is 227.

If Middlesex win today, they will have 224, so they will only need a maximum of five points next week to win the title.

If Middlesex draw today, they will have 213 (a nine-point lead) – and therefore, in theory, could not win the title purely on first-innings bonus points next week.

If Middlesex lose today, they will have 208 points, so just a four-point lead over Yorkshire.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Very happy with Davies signing, looks like he wanted to put the gloves back on so sorts us in that department.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good signing always thought he was very good.

Yes it certainly strengthens us. Shame for Ryan as he's just starting to show something with the bat, and I doubt Steve will be coming down here just to keep wicket in the one day stuff.

A replacement no.3 and captain is next on my wishlist, since CR has indicated that he will be retiring or moving on.