IGNORED

Kyle Letheren

Negan

I brought his name up yesterday on the transfer rumours thread, and today it's come out that we have offered him a contact (according to Dundee evening telegraph) Have to say I haven't heard of him before yesterday but he has managed to push himself into the welsh squad for euro 2016 so can't be all bad

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/bristol-city-offer-ex-dundee-keeper-kyle-letheren-contract-1.880205

I asked a Dundee supporting mate about it. Here's what he said:

"There could be truth in it Dundee didnt renew his contact is up. He's a good shot stopper but absolute nightmare at corners cost us a good few goals coming out and missing the ball with punches ect. He cost us our 1st goal again the Arabs last week came out for the ball and missed it completely. :laugh:"

Just one mans opinion of course.

• Admin

I brought his name up yesterday on the transfer rumours thread, and today it's come out that we have offered him a contact (according to Dundee evening telegraph)

Have to say I haven't heard of him before yesterday but he has managed to push himself into the welsh squad for euro 2016 so can't be all bad

Am intrigued - do you work for the Dundee Telegraph ? :facepalm:

I'd not imagine someone like this lad would be signed as first choice, but certainly could be a handy back up.

Maybe someone like him in for free, then out to (say...) Yeovil or Exeter or another localish league side on loan, so we've an experienced back up, but who gets games.

Might sound an odd situation, but if the lad is on a free, and someone like Gillingham or Oxford wanted him, makes more sense than signing someone JUST to sit on the bench.

And you never know; comes in, impressed in training this summer, and maybe creates himself a chance at a first team place.

One of the more realistic rumours, as there is no way we'd sign someone like Bentley and them not be aiming to be/expecting to be first choice.

Sounds a bit too odd to be pure speculation, but it would clearly be as purely back up for Frankie. I have no problem with FF being no1 next season, but if the coaching staff felt Bentley, for example, was a better keeper I feel it'd be a little remiss to not sign him if the opportunity existed. No room for sentimentality in this game

I see Adam Legzdins has been released by Orient. Again would only be good for back up, but is championship experienced back up and presumably knows Frankie from their time together at Derby

This is a complete guess but I wonder if we'll sign a quality young keeper like Bentley and then loan him in league 1 for a season to get more experience and also sign a cheapy keeper on a free for a season to cover Frankie.

The following season we'd have two good, fairly experienced keepers ready to battle it out for the number one shirt.

Just a thought.

This is a complete guess but I wonder if we'll sign a quality young keeper like Bentley and then loan him in league 1 for a season to get more experience and also sign a cheapy keeper on a free for a season to cover Frankie.

The following season we'd have two good, fairly experienced keepers ready to battle it out for the number one shirt.

Just a thought.

or just insert a 24 hour recall option,

Sounds a bit too odd to be pure speculation, but it would clearly be as purely back up for Frankie. I have no problem with FF being no1 next season, but if the coaching staff felt Bentley, for example, was a better keeper I feel it'd be a little remiss to not sign him if the opportunity existed. No room for sentimentality in this game

I see Adam Legzdins has been released by Orient. Again would only be good for back up, but is championship experienced back up and presumably knows Frankie from their time together at Derby

Saw that yesterday and wondered the same....there's a certain, pleasing symmetry to it

Obviuos problem is how we attract a quality keeper with the offer of bench warming.

p

That will not happen, if we wanted a number two we could have kept Richards.

SC will sign genuine competition for FF, probably an experienced older keeper.

Every player will be under pressure to perform this season, goalkeeper being no exception.

I also saw that Exeter has signed Bobby Olejnik today, is Christy Pym on his way?

Good spot GC. Certainly means Pym is not being considered for the number 1 spot down there so a number 2 spot here could be very tempting for him.

Young lad with a lot of potential. I'd take him.

Archived