IGNORED

Burns Training With Wales National Team

REDOXO

With all the talk of strikers on here and who may be coming et al, I can't help think this is a very big season for Wes.

A good start, being asked to train with the National Team who are as a decent a team the Troggs have had since 58.

Good Luck young man I have faith you can challenge for a spot next season

I was surprised he wasn't brought back into the squad for the run in. I'd love him to force his way into the squad, may take a bit though, you'd want the manager to sign players to make it very difficult for him.

Remember when he missed that sitter against Cheltenham in the JPT on Sky?

I remember my friend turning to me in the pub and saying, "That's it, City career over".  Maybe a bit of an exaggeration to judge him on one miss but maybe he just hasn't got the head for it.

I really rate this young man and believe that he can have a bright future with us, once he and Cotts have settled on his best position. He's lightning fast, can deliver a decent cross, is decent in the air and can finish. He has a lot to learn about the game and his own capabilities; he also needs to take a course of diet and exercise to build up his upper body strength in the same way that Joe did last year - I consider that to have been one of the key reasons for JB's success last season.

His consistency will only develop with a run of games so I can see a 6 month loan spell to a L1 team on the horizon for Wes.

I remember my friend turning to me in the pub and saying, "That's it, City career over".  Maybe a bit of an exaggeration to judge him on one miss but maybe he just hasn't got the head for it.

Remember when he smashed in a last minute winner v Chesterfield?

Football, it can be a fickle mistress.

Remember when he smashed in a last minute winner v Chesterfield?

Football, it can be a fickle mistress.

Very true, I guess the time to worry is when the missing sitters outweighs the great goals! To be honest, my instinct is that he is not going to be good enough for the Championship and will end up a solid League One/Two player. Of course, I hope to be proved wrong.

Just something not quite there with him in my opinion.

I was surprised he wasn't brought back into the squad for the run in. I'd love him to force his way into the squad, may take a bit though, you'd want the manager to sign players to make it very difficult for him.

I'm not if jet couldn't get back then the was zero chance of wes getting in

Very true, I guess the time to worry is when the missing sitters outweighs the great goals! To be honest, my instinct is that he is not going to be good enough for the Championship and will end up a solid League One/Two player. Of course, I hope to be proved wrong.

Just something not quite there with him in my opinion.

It will be interesting to read the opinions of Harry, Redcherryberry and Spudski regarding Wes - whether or not they think he'll step up to the plate with City. I value their insight.

Were he playing for another L1 or L2 team, would we have posters on here telling us Cotts should go for him. I think they would.

I'm not if jet couldn't get back then the was zero chance of wes getting in

I meant when the League was won, thought it might have allowed a chance of a run out or two. No pressure , in a team that was on song could have given him a chance to shine. It's going to be a lot harder next year.

It will be interesting to read the opinions of Harry, Redcherryberry and Spudski regarding Wes - whether or not they think he'll step up to the plate with City. I value their insight.

Were he playing for another L1 or L2 team, would we have posters on here telling us Cotts should go for him. I think they would.

I've said before, If we were told City were signing a 20 year striker/winger with 11 u.21 caps (no doubt from a PL club) there wouldn't be too many people complaining. We'd know he was young and raw and there would be an acceptance that he wasn't quite the finished article, but we'd be more than pleased to have him.

Joe Bryan's revelatory form last season shows just how quickly a young player can mature, banish fans' doubts, and make himself invaluable to the first team squad. Burns has very similar potential to JB to do just that imo.

Burns is clearly talented, has got electric pace and knows where the net is.

If he can gain a bit more confidence and brawn over the Summer I see this as being his breakthrough season at AG.

I remember my friend turning to me in the pub and saying, "That's it, City career over". Maybe a bit of an exaggeration to judge him on one miss but maybe he just hasn't got the head for it.

Is that the same game he finished a decent header from 8 yards?

Yeh but he also scored a great goal in the same game?!

Bale has turned into an absolute monster since going to Real.  He must be on the same conditioning program as Ronaldo!

Completely focusing on being the best athlete you can. I've got a lot of respect for the both of them for the way they train and do not drink, smoke etc

If this doesn't give him the push he needs to kick on next season then nothing will.  Coleman is dangling the Euros in front of a few of the younger Welsh players to see what reaction he gets. He's training with 2 great players in Ramsey and Bale - can only be good for us.  If he can get involved for us scoring goals in the Championship then he has a sneak of making it.    ~

It's up to him.

Archived