IGNORED

England

Bristol-Red

take a flag or 2 , fed up with seeing the gas one 

No flags, colours, or anything else to display

Normally a decent City following out watching England. Anyone heading out to Ireland this weekend? Or out to Slovenia next weekend? Should be two decent trips.

Sunday's game coincides nicely with a work trip to Dublin, so heading to that one.

May as well p*ss my money away than bother watching those overpaid, careless t*ssers.

Don't be offended you patriotic folk, I love this country, but English football (the Premier League in-particular) and the English National Team are nothing short of a joke - and I'd rather watch Accrington vs Morecambe in an end of season dead rubber in front of 87 men and 3 dogs rather than Ireland vs England in front of thousands of poor souls who have been royally done up the arse ticket price wise, and are watching some pansies diving around, in bright green boots under Hodgson's tactical bore.

May as well p*ss my money away than bother watching those overpaid, careless t*ssers.

Don't be offended you patriotic folk, I love this country, but English football (the Premier League in-particular) and the English National Team are nothing short of a joke - and I'd rather watch Accrington vs Morecambe in an end of season dead rubber in front of 87 men and 3 dogs rather than Ireland vs England in front of thousands of poor souls who have been royally done up the arse ticket price wise, and are watching some pansies diving around, in bright green boots under Hodgson's tactical bore.

Well its just not always about the football.  Lets face it, if it was nobody would turn up.   England away has always for me, been more about drinking with the lads beforehand. Meeting new lads and forging new friends.  How you got there, where you are staying and have you been able to get hold of some.  The morning of the game the expectation of what the day holds.  You never know whats going to happen and where you are going to end up.  Usually its been some of the best experiences of my life.  Have you been to one England away game?  The actual game is really a bit of come down on the build up.

Maybe you should go..... you never know, you might enjoy it.  Not the football though.  Remember you don't go for that!

Stevo

I always wonder how people afford to travel to watch England (along with all the other expenses of modern life), unless the folks going are all rich of course.

Thankfully, I'm always quite content to watch their games on the box.

take a flag or 2 , fed up with seeing the gas one

Back in the day when the City turn out was more than decent the Gas flags would be taken down and neatly folded up and ...

Now

Too many full grown men dressed like weirdoes wearing chain mail and carrying plastic swords.

Bands.

And Gasheads going in the ground four hours early to put their flag up.

Now

Too many full grown men dressed like weirdoes wearing chain mail and carrying plastic swords.

Bands.

And Gasheads going in the ground four hours early to put their flag up.

Well, there's 3 of them in the chain mail but take your point as 3 is too many! At least one of them is a millionaire and all nobs apparently.

Very healthy following of City with England at the moment. Sure to be a big turnout in France next year too.

I followed England all over Europe before my kids were born, had some of the greatest days of my life, some very naughty situations, where I would say I'm lucky to be here. As Way out West has said, it's not only about the game, it's the trip, your mates and th new friends you make, it's also the element of danger and the buzz you get when in a foreign country with City's finest.

I followed England all over Europe before my kids were born, had some of the greatest days of my life, some very naughty situations, where I would say I'm lucky to be here. As Way out West has said, it's not only about the game, it's the trip, your mates and th new friends you make, it's also the element of danger and the buzz you get when in a foreign country with City's finest.

Finished now. Gone the same way as the wembley cringefest. The gas now being sighted says it all only fifteen years to late.

I go to england home games once or twice a year for the last 10 years or so, but never thought too seriously about going abroad,:have you had any negative experiences, or is that if you go looking for it? I guess there are some places, such as major european countries and eastern europe where you are more likely to have trouble, some where like belgium or switzerland sounds quite sensible i reckon?

I go to england home games once or twice a year for the last 10 years or so, but never thought too seriously about going abroad,:have you had any negative experiences, or is that if you go looking for it? I guess there are some places, such as major european countries and eastern europe where you are more likely to have trouble, some where like belgium or switzerland sounds quite sensible i reckon?

A Bristol City fan was shot in Switzerland when England away was a firms convention with the CSF one of its largest participants.

The nerdy bad stag party theme is as rowdy as it gets now.

If it's all about naughty situations and the danger then I'm ashamed for my country that you ever represented it abroad.

I am happy for you that you don't go anymore though, an unexpected benefit of you reproducing.

I get your point regards to England, but it really is a great experience seeing international football abroad.

I personally wouldn't bother with friendlies, but if you ever get the opportunity to go to a competitive match, especially a finals somewhere, then I would take it.

I've seen England at a World Cup and that was amazing, apart from the crowd being dotted with the idiots that afflict English football.

I went to Euro 2000 without ever watching England and that was great, apart from every non-English person you meet immediately wanting to know if you're a hooligan or not. That was embarrassing.

Archived