IGNORED

Leon Britton

i_am_red

Seen he is out of contract with Swansea and being linked with Wolves and Burnley.

Would love to see him down the gate as a replacement for Wade. Classy player who has been there and done it. Not sure we could compete with those 2 clubs but he could remain fairly local whilst moving closer to London.

Also I seem to remember him getting a standing ovation at the gate many moons ago in the league cup....it seemed to work for Evander Sno!

Seen he is out of contract with Swansea and being linked with Wolves and Burnley.

Would love to see him down the gate as a replacement for Wade. Classy player who has been there and done it. Not sure we could compete with those 2 clubs but he could remain fairly local whilst moving closer to London.

Also I seem to remember him getting a standing ovation at the gate many moons ago in the league cup....it seemed to work for Evander Sno!

I mentioned Britton on the speculation thread.

That's the trouble with big long threads like that, things get missed..... :whistle2:

• Admin

I mentioned Britton on the speculation thread.

That's the trouble with big long threads like that, things get missed..... :whistle2:

Doesn't matter people will still start new threads, see the Wade thread today even though I bumped an earlier thread on the subject 1st.

Can't see it due to wages and likely other interest, but definitely would be a quality addition, the only thing I see working in City's favour would be distance from Swansea. If he really wanted wouldn't have to uproot.

Agree with OP, would be a great signing at this stage of his career and at our stage of development as a club.  Could be a massive positive influence on Freeman & Pack and the Swansea model is pretty much the best for us to follow as a club IMHO.   

. Your right,John terry was second,stats like that are tosh tho

I disagree. Stats like that are very relevant.

Stats are more and more important in football as time goes by. Pass accuracy is one of them. Barcelona (big example) would certainly agree.

Would love to see him here. I remember when watching him in League 2 when I lived in Swansea. Can't be many players in the modern game who have played in all four divisions for the same club, and still looked completely at home in the Premier League.

He also has the character to fit in with, rather than disrupt, the great team spirit we currently seem to have. A class act on and off the pitch.

Would be an ideal signing but fully expect him to be given at least a one year extension at Swansea. Hes a huge fan favourite.

If he has to move...we would be idea. He wouldn't have to relocate, we are a club on the up.

Exactly the sort of player we need

Wouldn't have to relocate?! Swansea is 80 miles away....

Still, agree he would be a brilliant signing, top player that would give us what Paul Hartley and Wade Elliott gave us...

Wouldn't have to relocate?! Swansea is 80 miles away....

Still, agree he would be a brilliant signing, top player that would give us what Paul Hartley and Wade Elliott gave us...

I don't think so no.

He may stay away a couple of nights a week or whatever, but certainly wouldn't have to sell his family home and up root them.

Just asked my Swansea mate about this. Not claiming he's in the know, but he follows them very closely. Said he thinks he wants first team football, but loves Swansea and may not want to relocate. Could be promising on that basis - as others have said, more than conceivable he could be based in Swansea (or at least keep his family there) while playing for us.

Hopefully Trundle will put in a good word!

Can't see Britton coming to us, think there will be bigger clubs in for him. He hasn't played much lately, only nine appearances last year but I agree that he's a really good player.

Bigger than us ...like wbo? It would be a great move for him, stable club, great potential, etc etc, but not sure if Cotts would want him though, but personally I reckon he could help us into the Prem, if we must!

Remember him getting a standing ovation when we played Swansea at the gate in the 1st round of the league cup many moons ago when they were in Div 3 (as I think is was then) we won in extra time if my memory serves.

Think he could still do a job for a bottom end Prem club - location maybe the only factor in our favor. Would be a big statement of intent though if he signed.

Remember him getting a standing ovation when we played Swansea at the gate in the 1st round of the league cup many moons ago when they were in Div 3 (as I think is was then) we won in extra time if my memory serves.

Think he could still do a job for a bottom end Prem club - location maybe the only factor in our favor. Would be a big statement of intent though if he signed.

That game was 1-1 at full time, then 4-1 to City after extra time I believe. The score completely flattered us and Britton single-handedly dominated the game.

Remember that night as well, I'd say your memory serves you correctly. It's always my abiding memory when I hear his name, he was absolutely fantastic that night. One of the best individual displays I've seen at the Gate.

Archived