IGNORED

Building Surveyor

Pickle Rick

Hi all. Wandering if anyone could help with a good building surveyor? Any tips or recommendations?

Currently in the process of a property purchase and it's the next thing to do!

Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't cut corners just to save a few bob.  I expect there is a lot money involved in your house purchase and you need to make sure that you are not taking any chances.  Get a decent survey done and be prepared to act on it.

Whatever you do, don't cut corners just to save a few bob.  I expect there is a lot money involved in your house purchase and you need to make sure that you are not taking any chances.  Get a decent survey done and be prepared to act on it.

Exactly, if you both chip in and buy me a 1st class ticket home plus pay my hourly rate I will happily do the surveys for you.

Is your mortgage person/solicitor not sorting it? Doing the same thing myself at the moment, but my mortgage advisor is sorting the survey.

The mortgage company do their own 'mortgage survey'.

What I am specifying is a chartered surveyor. One registered to the royal institution. This is an independent (separate) survey.

Sorry, I probably should have specified first ;)

So yea, if anyone knows of any good or better chartered surveyors then any help is much appreciated!

Archived