IGNORED

Last Years Team In Last Years Championship? What Position Would They Have Finished?

brady bunch

Not sure if this has been done already? and I realise we will know in 14 months time as I think the main contenders will remain (JET Wade gone and maybe less of Wilbs next season?)

But how would we have got on last season if we had been in the Championship? I think top six given how well we performed against West Ham.

Any advance on top six? I don't think the Championship last year was as strong as it has been before. Could we have won it??

Not sure if this has been done already? and I realise we will know in 14 months time as I think the main contenders will remain (JET Wade gone and maybe less of Wilbs next season?)

But how would we have got on last season if we had been in the Championship? I think top six given how well we performed against West Ham.

Any advance on top six? I don't think the Championship last year was as strong as it has been before. Could we have won it??

you can't judge how a season goes on 1 match Leicester thrashed Man Utd early in the season just gone but they didn't end up in the champions league places!!!

We played West Ham in a one off game they didn't perform and we did we still lostalbeit a goal from a player that should have been playing, but if he didn't play some else might have and scored a hat trick!!!!

This is the sort of nonsense which makes me wonder why I ever go on here during the summer.

Based on one cup tie the OP really thinks we were a better side than either Derby or Wolves last season then? Seeing as neither of them even made the play offs.

For ****'s sake.

you can't judge how a season goes on 1 match Leicester thrashed Man Utd early in the season just gone but they didn't end up in the champions league places!!!

We played West Ham in a one off game they didn't perform and we did we still lostalbeit a goal from a player that should have been playing, but if he didn't play some else might have and scored a hat trick!!!!

You can try, its not like its something someone can you to, Its also not been that long since we were in the championship we kind of know the level of football and can take a wild guess, you could say the season might have been a whole lot different if we had lost our first 2 or 3 games but you can only form an opinion on what you know. I'm going for top half as I think we would have not had the confidence created by being top.

You can't judge a season on one match, but in the absence of anything else you can draw some inferences, so long as you're aware of what you're doing.

City played well against West Ham and looked the better team for most of it, but failed to score any goals when they were on top. That's usually what happens when a decent lower-league side plays a Premier League side.

Based on how they did against the other promoted sides (7 points from 12) and the three relegated sides (14 points from 18) it's fairly safe to say they'd have avoided relegation from the Championship. It's hard to say how they'd have fared against the top sides in the division as they didn't play one or any side resembling one.

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that the team improved considerably over the season. They did get off to a good start but they were very reliant on the forwards to compensate for what was still a very fragile defense at the start of the season. Had they suffered a couple of bad results early on then confidence might not have come back and the season could have been very different. Although they played and beat one of the better teams in the league in the first game they then had a fairly easy run for a month or so. They wouldn't have got such an easy ride in the Championship.

• Admin

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that the team improved considerably over the season. They did get off to a good start but they were very reliant on the forwards to compensate for what was still a very fragile defense at the start of the season. Had they suffered a couple of bad results early on then confidence might not have come back and the season could have been very different. Although they played and beat one of the better teams in the league in the first game they then had a fairly easy run for a month or so. They wouldn't have got such an easy ride in the Championship.

This is something I noted a week or two ago in a reply about Marlon Pack. If we crudely split the season into 2 blocks of 23 where presumably the opponents should be the same, instead of teams "finding us out" we actually scored 12 more and conceded 6 less in the second half of the season. When you consider the ages of our squad it is understandable that they will continue to improve. I honestly think without signing anyone we would do ok next season (except maybe coping with injuries on those numbers) and with a couple of key signings could do very well indeed.

Not sure if this has been done already? and I realise we will know in 14 months time as I think the main contenders will remain (JET Wade gone and maybe less of Wilbs next season?)

We only played well for 45 mins. West Ham cruised through the second half.

I honestly think without signing anyone we would do ok next season (except maybe coping with injuries on those numbers) and with a couple of key signings could do very well indeed.

I think the thought process I had this morning, before posting was, if we don't make too many changes in the close season, how will we do? and that got me thinking as to how we would have fared if we had been there last season!

I think with no significant signings, other that making the squad bigger, we will be up towards to the top still. confidence will be key.

As others have said, you can't judge an entire season based on one game against West Ham. But if we are doing that, we played well that day and lost 1-0.

Replicate that across 46 games and we will be relegated with no goals and no points, having had a header cleared off the line 46 times.

Seriously get a grip.......

13th......

Archived