IGNORED

Backup Players

brad blit

.... Well not quite, but as much as the talk has been about getting a new strikeforce potentially or signing a new midfielder (with Elliott becoming under 21 coach), is anyone else concerned that we don't really have a quality backup for Flint (commanding centre back) or Freeman (attacking midfielder)?

Surely if Cotts wants to continue with this formation then backup/competition for these positions should be a must!

Don't want backup players we want players who are as good as the current mob so they can challenge them

Not easy I know but if we are signing players just got back up we might as well just use the loan market

Yes I fully agree, the title is perhaps misleading with that!

They are 2 positions that we don't have competition for, although finding good players to compete with Flint and Freeman isn't going to be the easiest thing!

If Osborne is staying, I'd say we've got a strong centre half to play back up for Flint.

Would say we maybe need another to cover for Ayling and/or Williams, possibly a young lad we could loan out for fitness.

I like Osbourne but im not convinced he is good enough at Championship level to compete with Flint regularly

Archived