IGNORED

Bristol City Still Unreachable

Keepers Ball

After the fiasco over renewing season tickets and Bristol Sports ridiciculous phone system it appears whilst the furore during the end of season ticket renewals is over, their phone system is still woeful.

Because there is no shop I want info before buying. So i ring the club being given umpteen options

Press 4 for megastore (OK no shop but youd think their is some manning the sales side)

Result: I get a message asking me to key in a mailbox number :blink:

Ok onto another option.

For all other enquiries Press 0

Result : Message of That is an invalid Selection :grr:

Not sure if you've noticed but the ground is in pieces at the moment, understandable if there is a bit of confusion.

Best thing to do is email supporter services.

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

They are operating out of the house on the corner of the main entrance opposite the Park. I got a fairly quick response when I asked where I go to collect stuff that I buy online now that there is no shop.

'

Not sure if you've noticed but the ground is in pieces at the moment, understandable if there is a bit of confusion.

Best thing to do is email supporter services.

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

They are operating out of the house on the corner of the main entrance opposite the Park. I got a fairly quick response when I asked where I go to collect stuff that I buy online now that there is no shop.

'

At least it hasn't gone backwards as it was a shambles before the redevelopment started!

I feel sorry for staff (and fans!) at the club with the antiquated phone facilities. Hopefully the promised new facilities will make phoning the club a less frustrating experience.

There is no excuse.  There are a multitude of options available to them to provide a decent service.

They can rent an office and have phone lines rerouted.  They can get a few temps in to man the phones.

Sometimes in business you have to spend more than you get in to do the right thing.  In this case its clearly within their control.  They've had years to plan  - it wasn't a bomb that dropped on the shop 2 weeks ago.

There is no excuse.  There are a multitude of options available to them to provide a decent service.

They can rent an office and have phone lines rerouted.  They can get a few temps in to man the phones.

Sometimes in business you have to spend more than you get in to do the right thing.  In this case its clearly within their control.  They've had years to plan  - it wasn't a bomb that dropped on the shop 2 weeks ago.

Don't understand the problem. Send them an email and get an answer. The reply I had also included a direct dial number for the Retail Manager if you need to speak to someone.

Don't understand the problem. Send them an email and get an answer. The reply I had also included a direct dial number for the Retail Manager if you need to speak to someone.

I've no need to contact them.  Just responding to other's comments.

If people think the service is poor, then it is poor.  That is the problem and the club should address it.  I'm not demanding they address it, but if they want to be perceived as a professional outfit then they'll have to.

If people think the service is poor, then it is poor.  That is the problem and the club should address it.  I'm not demanding they address it, but if they want to be perceived as a professional outfit then they'll have to.

Just because someone perceives it to be poor doesn't actually mean it is in reality poor. I had a good experience so my perception is that the service, in the circumstances, is good.

Pretty sure that when things settle down the phone system will impove.

My comments weren't directed at you, I was just lazy and didn't scroll to the top to reply to the OP.

Not surprising considering the stand where the phone system and shop is/was based is currently being destroyed

What do people really expect? Everything to be smooth while the biggest redevelopment Ashton gate has even had is underway?

Some people need to learn patience

Not surprising considering the stand where the phone system and shop is/was based is currently being destroyed

What do people really expect? Everything to be smooth while the biggest redevelopment Ashton gate has even had is underway?

Patience is one thing, but those saying that the club should have a contingency in place are correct. Regardless of the circumstances (and I think everyone is convinced that the staff are working very hard in light of the redevelopment) if it's so much effort for customers and potential customers to reach you then a business is doing something wrong. As I said before, it's not like the club was particularly great in this area before the redevelopment started either.

Again, hopefully the promised improvements will mean that we won't be discussing this in the future.

Its certainly possible.

• Admin

What we know is that all the staff that were working previously in areas that are being redeveloped, have been relocated to a number of other premises. I find it odd that the phone lines have not been diverted to these new points.

I know from moving an office (during a rebuild) how easy it is to re-direct, doesn't seem right that City haven't done this

If people think the service is poor then the starting point for me is not automatically that it is poor, but first what was the customer's expectations of service. If the customer had an unreasonable expectation it does not mean that service is poor.

Take the OP re the phone lines. As far as I recall I thought we were told plenty of times last season that this was all being upgraded. Yes it's unfortunate that a hotline number has not been re-routed, yes you would ordinarily expect the club to be on top of these things. Equally for a club that runs pretty much full pace from August through May I can appreciate people are on holiday right now and that for those who are working making sure all the options on a phone line work through to a mailbox is probably a far lower priority what with everything else going on. Normally it should be done but at this point in time I'm sure there's far more reasonably keeping them occupied than providing information about an item someone might be buying online.

The very first response to this thread was email these guys and let them know what's going on. I do wonder if anyone put out has done that, or why not do that in the first place and then come on here 'Guys, I tried the clubshop didn't get through but i've told the club, I'll let you know when I get an update'.

Par for the course really, stadium rebuild or not, the customer service has been poor in my experience over the last 30 years.

Let's hope this rebuild helps us to be a success on and off the pitch!

If people think the service is poor then the starting point for me is not automatically that it is poor, but first what was the customer's expectations of service. If the customer had an unreasonable expectation it does not mean that service is poor.

Take the OP re the phone lines. As far as I recall I thought we were told plenty of times last season that this was all being upgraded. Yes it's unfortunate that a hotline number has not been re-routed, yes you would ordinarily expect the club to be on top of these things. Equally for a club that runs pretty much full pace from August through May I can appreciate people are on holiday right now and that for those who are working making sure all the options on a phone line work through to a mailbox is probably a far lower priority what with everything else going on. Normally it should be done but at this point in time I'm sure there's far more reasonably keeping them occupied than providing information about an item someone might be buying online.

The very first response to this thread was email these guys and let them know what's going on. I do wonder if anyone put out has done that, or why not do that in the first place and then come on here 'Guys, I tried the clubshop didn't get through but i've told the club, I'll let you know when I get an update'.

I agree with that.  Perhaps I should have been clearer.  Whatever the level of service, if there is a consensus that its poor then there is no point taking a self-righteous position and ignoring it.

Whether the service itself needs to change or better communication is required, perception is everything.

Anyways, from what I'm hearing, a few phones in a broom cupboard is asking for trouble.

Temps are crap though. That is why they are temps.

Temps should be expunged from the open labour market.

With firearms.

Quite possibly.  But speaking to a human being is slightly better than a futile attempt to get through to a recorded message.

What we know is that all the staff that were working previously in areas that are being redeveloped, have been relocated to a number of other premises. I find it odd that the phone lines have not been diverted to these new points.

I know from moving an office (during a rebuild) how easy it is to re-direct, doesn't seem right that City haven't done this

I don't find it odd, why would the divert the phone lines while a new system is being installed? It makes no sense and isn't cost effective

Maybe that's why it's quiet and u reachable,

Has anyone actually tried tweeting or asking the club what's going on?

• Admin

I don't find it odd, why would the divert the phone lines while a new system is being installed? It makes no sense and isn't cost effective

Maybe that's why it's quiet and u reachable,

A new installation of a system is completely different to getting a phone number temporarily diverted.

Are you saying that you don't find it odd that the club may not now be contactable ?

Archived