IGNORED

Going Up Against Mark Cooper On Opening Day....

'Orns

Looking at Carvalhal's record (14 teams in 15 years), he will be gone before the seasons finished so certainly a possibility if he wanted to bide his time as no.2.

I think his rep is strong enough to warrant a managers job in his own right though.

Cannot see him taking that job on. Very rarely does an assistant succeed a coach (or at least it seems that way).

Seems to me he's got nothing to gain and most to lose. Why would he jack in Swindon where he is winning plaudits to put his faith in a typical unreasonable Chairman who has publicly said he's going for promotion in the next 2 years.

If he does go in what circumstances would he get the number 1 job? The new guy's record doesn't exactly read as one where you'd think he is likely to get poached by someone bigger than Sheff Weds unless they have a stormer so I can only think 'the boot'.

I think if he went he'd go with very unrealistic prospects of taking over the mantle. I'd wager he would be sacked along with the other guy if they aren't promoted by February. Besides, if the chairman was interested in the Mark Cooper's of this world managing his club he would not hire this Carvahal fella who has no experience of English football as a player or manager and been out of work for nearly 3 years!

Haven't kept my finger on the pulse at all.  Who's already gone?

I think Luongo and Gladwin went to QPR in a single deal. Didn't they release Williams too?

Archived