IGNORED

How Established Is Otib?

B-Rizzle

Just saw another post regarding rival teams forums and it reminded me of a different question I was intending to ask on here.

How established is OTIB in comparison to other football clubs?

I'm aware that pretty much every team has a forum (or several) of some kind but they don't seem as user friendly or as active/well used as OTIB is. Obviously that is partly due to me being used to using OTIB but my perception is certainly that this forum is perhaps more active and established than lots of other clubs in our leagues.

Is that true? I'm sure there are lots of other clubs with far more established online networks than us, particularly premier league teams but for those of you who frequent rival teams forums, what is your perception of this and how do we compare to similar sized clubs?

Been on here since around '98/99 along with quite a few others on here when it was first started - Tom will be able to give dates.

Wow, I reckon around that time I was a 40-something playing Lost Dutchman Mine on the Amiga 500!  Knew nothing of the world wide interweb thing then, and not much more now tbf

Been on here since around '98/99 along with quite a few others on here when it was first started - Tom will be able to give dates.

Very early days there was a no registration board, that ran for a while in 97 before it was replaced with the old threaded DC Forum software which was then replaced by the current IPB software in 2003.

In terms of business/traffic, it continues to get more traffic year on year. Everyone probably has 2-3 internet enabled devices.. desktop (i.e PC/Mac) only attributes about 35% of the traffic these days. The rest is split Phone (50%)/Tablet (15%)

We've got a shiny new version of the forum software to come next few weeks. Looking forward to the backlash already :fear:

Very early days there was a no registration board, that ran for a while in 97 before it was replaced with the old threaded DC Forum software which was then replaced by the current IPB software in 2003.

In terms of business/traffic, it continues to get more traffic year on year. Everyone probably has 2-3 internet enabled devices.. desktop (i.e PC/Mac) only attributes about 35% of the traffic these days. The rest is split Phone (50%)/Tablet (15%)

We've got a shiny new version of the forum software to come next few weeks. Looking forward to the backlash already :fear:

Tom, how does OTIB compare in size and activity compared to other clubs? Do you know? Just interested.

I agree with Randy.

The club is situated in a cosmopolitan city.

Our historical and current lack of national success explains all you need to know.

Bristol, as a city, is not very good at football.

I.T. and associations, on the other hand, and we are talking.

It's not an accident that the biggest clubs stream from London, up through the Midlands and into the North West.

The Talkceltic one is unbelievably busy  has over 40,000 members, and is fantastic for Celtic fans trying to sort out tickets etc.

OTIB does seem to be pretty active, especially for such a small club, which maybe just goes to prove that City's fan base is full of computer nerds and keyboard warriors :)

The Talkceltic one is unbelievably busy has over 40,000 members, and is fantastic for Celtic fans trying to sort out tickets etc.

OTIB does seem to be pretty active, especially for such a small club, which maybe just goes to prove that City's fan base is full of computer nerds and keyboard warriors :)

How come you spend so much time on here, out of interest? Is it because you can't stand your own kind?

Tom, how does OTIB compare in size and activity compared to other clubs? Do you know? Just interested.

I think every club will have a 'big' forum that is generally associated as that clubs main one..  I guess its subjective and depends on how well the team are doing. We had twice as many visitors last season than the year before but that in part was probably down to our success on the pitch.

OTIB is certainly one of the longest/oldest.   The oldest one I know of must be the reading hob nobs board, which must be coming up to 20 years.

There are some utter morons that post on here, but it's by default the place I'll always come for transfer news/post match reaction and gossip just like many hundreds of others. No other forum has come close to being as busy as Otib over the years so pretty well established I would say!

The Talkceltic one is unbelievably busy  has over 40,000 members, and is fantastic for Celtic fans trying to sort out tickets etc.

It's interesting to hear the views of supporters' from small, local clubs

Archived