IGNORED

Paul Anderson

supercidered

No.

Decent squad player and I've no objection to him if SC decides that's what he wants but I'd be very surprised if he ended up back here and I suspect there may be better options in terms of players who can push for first team starts.

Why would we sign anyone who is a 'decent squad player'?

Pointless.

No.

Why would we sign anyone who is a 'decent squad player'?

Pointless.

I agree and I don't think we will.  I'm just saying if he did join, that's what he'd be - much in the mould of what Wagstaff did last season.  Anderson's a better player than Wagstaff for me but I certainly don't think we need both and I'd rather we moved for players who were likely to break into the first team.

Not for me.

However it's not as ridiculous a suggestion as some are making it out to be.

It's a long way from being ridiculous.

He's just played 30+ games in a side that made the playoffs and was their top assister.  He did reasonably well for us at this level.  He's available for no fee.  He's a potential understudy for Freeman, and can play out wide as well.  And Cotterill's already intimated that we won't be playing the same system this season.

I wouldn't be complaining if we brought him back in, and it wouldn't surprise me much either.

He's just played 30+ games in a side that made the playoffs and was their top assister. He did reasonably well for us at this level. He's available for no fee. He's a potential understudy for Freeman, and can play out wide as well. And Cotterill's already intimated that we won't be playing the same system this season.

I wouldn't be complaining if we brought him back in, and it wouldn't surprise me much either.

Probably memory playing tricks, was it not SC that was Forest manager when Anderson came to us?

He's just played 30+ games in a side that made the playoffs and was their top assister. He did reasonably well for us at this level. He's available for no fee. He's a potential understudy for Freeman, and can play out wide as well. And Cotterill's already intimated that we won't be playing the same system this season.

At last!

Someone talking sense on this thread.....

A solid championship player who played a lot of games last season in a successful side and people on here cry 'no'???!!

We are Bristol City, take a look at our history - what makes anyone think we can disregard good players who do well at a level above ours?

We should snap up players from top 6 Championship sides, so what if they used to play for us?

As Nibor said, no-one had more assists for the Tractor Boys than PA last season, we are drooling over Freeman (and rightly so!) but PA did it at a higher level....

I'd have him back

Archived