IGNORED

Boxing Day Games

Dolman Original

BBC Bristol Sport just tweeted that the rugby fixtures are out and Bristol are at home on Boxing Day. Should be an interesting afternoon!

Just wondering, why couldn't there be a double header? If there was say a 3 hour turnaround time and everyone had to vacate the main stands at the end of the first game (BCFC you'd hope), but the concourse and bars remained open (allowing for appropriate ticket checking) then it could be an excellent boxing day proposition indeed.

I would certainly be very keen to stay in the club's bars for a couple of hours, grab a bite to eat and wait for the second match. Be a helluva feather in the cap of Bristol Sport if they could pull that off too. I dare say it could be quite forward thinking and make Cov, Reading, Swansea, Watford etc sit up and think..

Strange there is no information on their website about fixtures - guess it's not as important as it was to us last week?

Equally odd nothing on the BBC Sport site about fixtures being released today???

I can understand why, the season is only as long as the playoffs.

Just wondering, why couldn't there be a double header? If there was say a 3 hour turnaround time and everyone had to vacate the main stands at the end of the first game (BCFC you'd hope), but the concourse and bars remained open (allowing for appropriate ticket checking) then it could be an excellent boxing day proposition indeed.

I would certainly be very keen to stay in the club's bars for a couple of hours, grab a bite to eat and wait for the second match. Be a helluva feather in the cap of Bristol Sport if they could pull that off too. I dare say it could be quite forward thinking and make Cov, Reading, Swansea, Watford etc sit up and think..

Because we play on differently marked pitches..?!

Because we play on differently marked pitches..?!

Nothing insurmountable I wouldn't have thought. It is just a few licks of paint to be fair. If you had 7 or 8 blokes on turning around I'd be surprised if you needed even an hour to change the markings and put up the appropriate goal frames. Even more radical some sports (admittedly not aware if used in Football/Rugby or even permissible) rather than permanent or semi permanent markings rely on lights and lasers to mark out the playing area.

You'd need a fair dress down dress up time anyway, just to get the changing rooms cleared out and ready for the next lot so you are going to be talking 2-3 hours or so between full time and game 2 kicking off. But if it works could be ideal for bank holidays etc, especially if it encourages fans to keep spending money at the stadium.

I would certainly be very keen to stay in the club's bars for a couple of hours, grab a bite to eat and wait for the second match. Be a helluva feather in the cap of Bristol Sport if they could pull that off too. I dare say it could be quite forward thinking and make Cov, Reading, Swansea, Watford etc sit up and think..

It'd be a logistical nightmare.

Actually sounds like I've copied Collis. Promise I haven't, guv.

What planet are you on ???

Archived