IGNORED

Couldn't Go Today

Maesknoll Red

A draw would probably been fair to Barnsley, we did not play too well, again, the result flattered us a little, I felt we were lucky to be 1-0 at half time although we did a lot better in the second half.

A bit likr the Peterborough game to be honest but obviously the late goal..........

But a team that wins when playing below their best is better than one that draws :-)

You didn't miss a lot.

We will need to be more constructive and positive against Blackpool next week and the defensive, please, stop the whoosh stuff.

I think we were victims of our own success from last weekend at Brighton.

We tried to over complicate things too often....taking 4 passes to do the job that 1 pass would do. I'm all for patient football, but we seem too content to pass the ball from defence, into midfield and back again, then the aimless no chance long ball from Danny Coles. All this and Joe Burnell wasn't even on the pitch!! Something all you Joe boo boys might want to note.

I've said elsewhere today that, the last 5 mins aside, Brian Tinnion was relatively ineffective today, the game seemed to pass him by a little, he didn't seem to make as many tackles as normal, which is strange when you consider the role he is playing next to Wilkshire who couldn't tackle my Nan. He also gave the ball away more than I can ever recall him doing in recent history. But, top and bottom is, great urgencey and cross for the goal....spot on. I'm not trying to sound critical, it's just how I saw the game, even God has off days.

Woodman has an indifferent game, whatever understanding he and Aaron Brown had has appeared to have vanished. They hardly strung two passes together all afternoon. Brown moved infield during the game to keep tabs on Kevin Betsy who was by far their best player and Woodman was sacrificed for Lita to go 3-4-3 towards the end.

Wilkshire huffed and puffed a lot, tried hard but just couldn't find the penetration of past games, as did Amankwaah who improved greatly in the second half.

'Burnley' were worth a point, but couldn't defend against two quality crosses for the goals by Brown and Tinnion and paid the price. Tough titty, 3 points for us!!

Did I mention we won the World Cup today aswell???

What a day!!

Personally I thought we just about deserved the win. 2-1 was about right for me.

Barnsley looked a lot better and more organised side than the two times I saw them last season and probably will be in and around the play off area all season. Top 2 might be a bit much for them though on yesterday's evidence.

We didn't create a bag full of chances, so I suppose the game followed a similar pattern to a number of others at AG this season. Barnsley after they equalised looked more than happy with a point, as shown by them trying to keep the ball down by the corner flag near the end, which you don't see too many times when a side are only drawing. Fortunately they were as successful as we tend to be at doing that and they didn't keep the ball there for long!

Bearing in mind we were playing a side who were second before the game and didn't show alot of attacking intent after they scored, I thought we did OK.

With the attacking look to the side of the last 2 games, with Tins and Wilkshire in central midfield and the pace of Roberts, Brown, Amankwaah, we are at last beginning to look like a side capable of stringing together a decent run of results and one with realistic promotion aspirations.

Consecutive wins, both against sides above us in the table can only be viewed in a positive manner, even if yesterday we didn't create that many real opportunities.

One thing's for sure though, in football terms, there's not a lot that can beat a stoppage time winner :)

A draw would probably been fair to Barnsley, we did not play too well, again, the result flattered us a little, I felt we were lucky to be 1-0 at half time although we did a lot better in the second half.

A bit likr the Peterborough game to be honest but obviously the late goal..........

But a team that wins when playing below their best is better than one that draws :-)

You didn't miss a lot.

We will need to be more constructive and positive against Blackpool next week and the defensive, please, stop the whoosh stuff.

We deserved to win. we had all the possesion in the 2nd half and they had 2 shots at goal. But it was'nt a convincig performance!

Archived