IGNORED

Bristol City And Willem Links

JamesBCFC

As soon as there was the meeting when Cotts was there and all he did was speak for nearly the whole time of the meeting, then we had feedback that questions raised via OTIB were not asked due to time constraints, was where it was lost on me.

That and this thread highlights a failing. If those involved are disinterested in other elements of support what is its point?

I really hope that we can get a pre season friendly sorted. I am also hoping to visit Tillborg sometime soon. Would love to join the next trip. You cant keep everybody happy in life but I fully embrace the bound with Willen 11

That and this thread highlights a failing. If those involved are disinterested in other elements of support what is its point?

The friendly with Willem 2 is brought up at most meetings.

It is a possibility but only if it fits in with the footballing plans of SC and the club and of course if it is practically possible for both clubs on the same date.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm saying you appear offended by it to the point of accusing people of 'wanking' over Willem II because they'd like to see the clubs forge stronger links.

right, I was saying that in the same way that people were obsessed with Swindon for the whole of last season, and when I pointed that out I was being called a Swindon fan for saying it

No need to comment on something you have no interest in

The clue is usually in the title. Just helping a fellow City fan out, why waste those precious minutes

right, but as I said before, it wasn't on its own thread, if it was I wouldn't have bothered to open it

The friendly with Willem 2 is brought up at most meetings.

It is a possibility but only if it fits in with the footballing plans of SC and the club and of course if it is practically possible for both clubs on the same date.

And there is a difference between being interested and your "I would go for the piss up, but I'm not really bothered".

I barely drink and look towards the points made by 29AR, but also think of the possibilities for open days and kids tournaments around a Anglo Dutch theme. An opportunity to mold together things that have waned, with things City do not do and the Community Trust - Academy pathway.

I've no great interest in this one way or the other, but I'm amazed how it can generate such disagreement. Willem may not be the best team in Europe, but so what? I've always enjoyed going to the Forest Green friendlies, not because they were a great team, but because it was a nice friendly atmosphere. If City are to progress, why not have some continental friendlies, starting with Willem?. Understandably not this season due to rebuilds, but next season?

I've no great interest in this one way or the other, but I'm amazed how it can generate such disagreement. Willem may not be the best team in Europe, but so what? I've always enjoyed going to the Forest Green friendlies, not because they were a great team, but because it was a nice friendly atmosphere. If City are to progress, why not have some continental friendlies, starting with Willem?. Understandably not this season due to rebuilds, but next season?

Guessing because friendly games are organised by the management team based on availability and quality of opposition based on what they hope to gain from a game.

They aren't organised by fans, groups of fans, liaison officers or drinking potential.

If the planets align,I'd imagine it'll happen but I wouldn't plan a holiday around the possibility.

Guessing because friendly games are organised by the management team based on availability and quality of opposition based on what they hope to gain from a game.

They aren't organised by fans, groups of fans, liaison officers or drinking potential.

If the planets align,I'd imagine it'll happen but I wouldn't plan a holiday around the possibility.

But friendlies are made on the basis of potential. the villa game must have been made on that and was then called off because of its potential for obvious trouble which would not be a problem with Willem II. the potential with Willem II is there to do something different. maybe it is very different.

No need to get the planets aligned just City fans who have been over there will tell all that Willem II want to play BCFC more or less anytime, because when you go there you realise they are that type of club - Directors and players mingel with fans post match and come to see their visitors from Bristol. and here City could learn a thing or two about how to connect better with its support. nobody should plan a holiday around the possibility either because City dont do different. that is they way it is.

I was ofline for a couple of days. Here a reaction from my side why I would favour a link between the two clubs:

- WIllem II has a good history of bringing good players such as Overmars, Dembele, Stam, Hyppia, and Virgil van Dijk.

- Willem II has a well known football education. In the national team under 21, two  players of Willem II are selected. One of our talents is about to sign a big contract with PSV.

- Willem II is not just a small club. Finished 9th in the Eredivisie last year, with a draw and a win against Feyenoord and a draw against Ajax (which should be a win).

- There is already a good bond between a (yes I admit) smaller group of fans of both clubs. Then again, did you know that there were more than 150 Willem II supporters in Wembley? Where do you see that? I was one of them and I got many very nice remarks from people outside the "smaller group" who knew of the bond and were very happy to meet us.

- Last but not least: where do you see that a supporter of a club which you have a very good bond with, is being honoured after his tragic death during a home game in this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbhhhmkqtDA

I was ofline for a couple of days. Here a reaction from my side why I would favour a link between the two clubs:

- WIllem II has a good history of bringing good players such as Overmars, Dembele, Stam, Hyppia, and Virgil van Dijk.

- Willem II has a well known football education. In the national team under 21, two  players of Willem II are selected. One of our talents is about to sign a big contract with PSV.

- Willem II is not just a small club. Finished 9th in the Eredivisie last year, with a draw and a win against Feyenoord and a draw against Ajax (which should be a win).

- There is already a good bond between a (yes I admit) smaller group of fans of both clubs. Then again, did you know that there were more than 150 Willem II supporters in Wembley? Where do you see that? I was one of them and I got many very nice remarks from people outside the "smaller group" who knew of the bond and were very happy to meet us.

- Last but not least: where do you see that a supporter of a club which you have a very good bond with, is being honoured after his tragic death during a home game in this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbhhhmkqtDA

I would be willing to bet that Bristol City's academy costs far more to run, took far more to set up but produces less players who go onto play at similar levels. It is not always logical to compare football cultures but Dutch football has something which English clubs including City should be looking at.

Archived