IGNORED

Luke Freeman

bobajob

I love the "why would he go there" responses on here, it takes me back to Murray going to reading. Face it guys, we love the club, the players in most cases are not from Bristol and trot out the same this is a big club going places stuff that all players do regardless of what club they play for. It qpr/fulham/ derby/ middlesborough came in with a 4 year contract on 15 grand a week, don't be under any illusion that freeman wouldnt go for it in a heartbeat, it would set him up for life, and he would be mad not to go.

I disagree with this. Let's look at his career so far. Rejected by Arsenal. Then played for the likes of Stevenage and Yeovil. Suddenly he joins us and in his first season he's won two winners medals. Honestly, i have never seen a player who looks happier to be at a football club than Luke Freeman did with us last season. Witness how he interacted with the other players during goal/trophy celebrations. These guys love each other. That's not to say he definitely won't leave, but he's having the time of his life here, so he'd be a fool to jack that in for a bit more coin

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

West Ham

Crystal Palace

Fulham

QPR

Watford

Charlton

Millwall

Brentford

Orient

Wimbledon

Stevenage

Dagenham

in that order (by my reckoning). Miles away from the smallest!

Stevenage in London??? That's like saying Chippenham, Gloucester, and Cheltenham are in Bristol!! Even Watford is pushing the boundary a little.

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

West Ham

Crystal Palace

Fulham

QPR

Watford

Charlton

Millwall

Brentford

Orient

Wimbledon

Stevenage

Dagenham

You've left Swindon out.  Unless you just gave up when you got to Dagenham?

Stevenage in London??? That's like saying Chippenham, Gloucester, and Cheltenham are in Bristol!! Even Watford is pushing the boundary a little.

To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure where Stevenage was, though I had an inkling it's around the north side of the M25 somewhere. If I'm out then feel free to insert Barnet in their place as I it's been pointed out that I forgot them! I definitely class Watford as London, everyone I know from there sounds like a cockney barrow boy.

edit : You're right, I actually checked and Stevenage is miles north, apologies for that. For the record, I'm classing London clubs as inside the M25.

Just debating whether he could or should want to leave. Don't believe it will happen for one second.

Hope that's okay. You could always not click on the thread...

How would you possibly know anyway?

Last time I looked he was under contract to BCFC, all this from someone tweeting something they have no idea about, supports Swindon etc etc,  and you follow like tweet sheep, job well done bobajob., 

How would you possibly know anyway?

Last time I looked he was under contract to BCFC, all this from someone tweeting something they have no idea about, supports Swindon etc etc,  and you follow like tweet sheep, job well done bobajob.,

Annoyed cos someone started a thread. You must have a trouble free life.

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

West Ham

Crystal Palace

Fulham

QPR

Watford

Charlton

Millwall

Brentford

Orient

Wimbledon

Stevenage

Dagenham

I reckon QPR are the 8th biggest. London is within the M25 at the very least.  I'd go in this order

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

West Ham

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Charlton

QPR

Millwall

Brentford

Wimbledon

Orient

Barnet

What's going on? Apologies for not having the time to scroll through three pages.

In my view, many said "we'd never attract Lukey here", then we did.

I think he has the ability to be playing top flight football. I'd like it to be with us but fully appreciate his intention should he move on.

#please stay

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Luke-Freeman-going-says-Bristol-City-chairman/story-26793025-detail/story.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

Don't always know if this is a good thing or bad thing, when the press write "Not going anywhere" story's

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied...

I really can't see this one having any legs though.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Luke-Freeman-going-says-Bristol-City-chairman/story-26793025-detail/story.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS

Don't always know if this is a good thing or bad thing, when the press write "Not going anywhere" story's

I think its usually a bad thing.  If there was genuinely no interest in Freeman why would he needlessly comment on speculation?  It sounds like they might have had a few bids but are trying to get the price up.

I think its usually a bad thing.  If there was genuinely no interest in Freeman why would he needlessly comment on speculation?  It sounds like they might have had a few bids but are trying to get the price up.

Behave..... Luke Freeman is going nowhere.

Comment on speculation..... surly it is a response to a question posed the evening post......??

I think its usually a bad thing. If there was genuinely no interest in Freeman why would he needlessly comment on speculation? It sounds like they might have had a few bids but are trying to get the price up.

Because people like you comment on it and say if there is no interest why don't the club come out and say so

They can't win etherway

Luke Freeman is going to be massive for us this season.  Expect some serious bids for him next summer, or perhaps even in the Winter transfer window.

No chance we'll sell him this summer, unless we're offered about 7 or 8 million.

I would hope he has kept himself fit and healthy over the summer.

Because people like you comment on it and say if there is no interest why don't the club come out and say so

They can't win etherway

Really? I was just applying a bit of common sense. If you don't want to sell a player and no bids have come in for him why would you seek unnecessary attention?

Either there is something going on, or the club should have probably kept quiet IMO.  Its not difficult to say, "I don't want to comment on specific players but we don't want to sell anyone"

Really? I was just applying a bit of common sense. If you don't want to sell a player and no bids have come in for him why would you seek unnecessary attention?

Either there is something going on, or the club should have probably kept quiet IMO. Its not difficult to say, "I don't want to comment on specific players but we don't want to sell anyone"

You've literally just proved monkey's point.

They are damned of they do & damned if they don't here; say nothing, & people say "stuff is being kept quiet", or say "no bids & we'd not sell anyway" & people will say it's a smoke screen.

Can't win.

You've literally just proved monkey's point.

They are damned of they do & damned if they don't here; say nothing, & people say "stuff is being kept quiet", or say "no bids & we'd not sell anyway" & people will say it's a smoke screen.

Can't win.

How have I proved that point?!

Archived