IGNORED

Which Tv Package Is Best Option For Me Next Year?

brady bunch

If you commit to them for 18 months then the five quid isn't charged. I was sent an email informing me of this and just by clicking to commit myself to BT for an extra 18 months I get all the BT Sport channels for free. Unlike Sky, it seems, they reward loyalty without going through the process of having to haggle. Also, I have still got BT Sport 1 and 2 as well as ESPN. BT Sport Europe is a new channel as far as I am aware it doesn't replace BT Sport 2.

Reward loyalty?! Are you kidding?

For starters they aren't rewarding loyalty given, and secondly what they are really saying is you can have the champions league without charge if you commit to: monthly subscription x 18. It's still a haggle, but an offer made at large. A crap one in my opinion.

I thought I heard late that night that the BBC have lost the rights to the Olympics and they have gone to Eurosport. Ok, gone off subject a little but maybe if the Olympics are important to you then a package which includes Eurosport might be worth considering.

(Apologies if I am wrong, might have misheard as I'm still in Glasto Mode)

I thought I heard late that night that the BBC have lost the rights to the Olympics and they have gone to Eurosport. Ok, gone off subject a little but maybe if the Olympics are important to you then a package which includes Eurosport might be worth considering.

(Apologies if I am wrong, might have misheard as I'm still in Glasto Mode)

Nope you heard right, the parent of Eurosport owns the European TV rights from 2022. Not sure how far they can 'exploit' them in the UK though, I thought the Olympics was one of those sacrosanct sporting events which had to be available free-to-air.

I'd imagine in the UK the Olympics would be licensed to BBC with Eurosport running concurrent coverage.

I ditched sky sports and now put all my hard earned readies into all the subscription Chud channels.

I object to giving cash to those overpaid prima donnas of the premier league. Meanwhile poor old Dirty Donna on the grumble channel can't even afford any clothes and is a far more deserving cause.

Who else is going to join me in doing our bit?

Nope you heard right, the parent of Eurosport owns the European TV rights from 2022. Not sure how far they can 'exploit' them in the UK though, I thought the Olympics was one of those sacrosanct sporting events which had to be available free-to-air.

I'd imagine in the UK the Olympics would be licensed to BBC with Eurosport running concurrent coverage.

Discovery are Eurosport's parent company.

And yes, you are correct, the Olympics current have to be screened free-to-air in the UK as explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofcom_Code_on_Sports_and_Other_Listed_and_Designated_Events 

Interestingly the BBC only broadcast something in the region of half of the available hours of coverage of the Olympics last time round.

Discovery are Eurosport's parent company.

And yes, you are correct, the Olympics current have to be screened free-to-air in the UK as explained here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofcom_Code_on_Sports_and_Other_Listed_and_Designated_Events

Interestingly the BBC only broadcast something in the region of half of the available hours of coverage of the Olympics last time round.

Really? Even with the 10 or so digital channels?

Really? Even with the 10 or so digital channels?

There were circa 5500 hours available and the BBC broadcast circa 2500.

Figures respectively in these articles:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/9408315/London-2012-Olympics-BBC-win-broadcasting-rights-for-all-Games-for-the-next-eight-years.html

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-06-30/bbc-loses-rights-to-2022-olympics-after-eurosport-spends-924m/

Archived