IGNORED

Mark Bunn - Signs For Aston Villa (Merged)

Cider red

Maybe Villa were in all along and we were used as a hurry up? It's like a house move chain, one in one out. There will be another along soon, I'm not too concerned. And if he dd fail his medical here maybe it's our gain anyway.we don't want to sign him on a three year deal only for an old injury flare up after 3 months taking him out for 6 months.

We seem to have written an entire story around why the deal didn't go through. It is just as possible that the contract negotiations broke down i.e. wanted too much money or wanted first team guarantees etc.

However based on the little/no information we have managed to decide that he had an injury and now Cotts and Coles have fallen out. 

Maybe Villa were in all along and we were used as a hurry up? It's like a house move chain, one in one out. There will be another along soon, I'm not too concerned. And if he dd fail his medical here maybe it's our gain anyway.we don't want to sign him on a three year deal only for an old injury flare up after 3 months taking him out for 6 months.

I'd just stick max o'leary or wallocot on the bench and use the loan market if frankie gets injured

I'd just stick max o'leary or wallocot on the bench and use the loan market if frankie gets injured

I agree. Reserve goalkeepers are ten a penny and are exempt from the restrictions placed on the acquisition of outfield players, so if the need arises at any time we can dip into the loan market or emergency loan market. Premier clubs are always looking to loan out their surplus keepers and each lower league club will only have need for one loan keeper at a time at the very most. I am not against acquiring a second keeper, but would be happy to go with what we've got and dip into the loan market if the need arises. You never know, Villa might end up loaning us Bunn!

Villains steal Bunn from Robins.

How can they sleep at night?!

Shame Patrick Berger isn't at Villa any more.....

I don't think Ms Coles or AS would have been the reason he went to Villa. Other websites reported his medical before them & agents are always talking. Despite his medical I'm sure his agent heard that Villa may soon be looking for a keeper & eyeing up a bigger percentage got on the blower & kept us hanging on for a few days. Annoying but I'm sure we've stole players from under the noses of clubs before.

Not sure it says a lot for Bunn though. A back up most of his career, 3 rd choice at Norwich now facing a battle for 2nd/3rd choice at Villa? Despite what some think I believe Cotts would have eventually had him as his no1 here.

Still, at least it shows up some of the smug itk's on here who claimed he had failed the medical.

I don't think Ms Coles or AS would have been the reason he went to Villa. Other websites reported his medical before them & agents are always talking. Despite his medical I'm sure his agent heard that Villa may soon be looking for a keeper & eyeing up a bigger percentage got on the blower & kept us hanging on for a few days. Annoying but I'm sure we've stole players from under the noses of clubs before.

Not sure it says a lot for Bunn though. A back up most of his career, 3 rd choice at Norwich now facing a battle for 2nd/3rd choice at Villa? Despite what some think I believe Cotts would have eventually had him as his no1 here.

Still, at least it shows up some of the smug itk's on here who claimed he had failed the medical.

He did fail his medical

Just a thought but maybe his " condition " means he could n't play as a number 1 .

Possibly his body would n't stand up to the rigours of two games a week .

Or possibly Villa are a bigger club who offer more money .

Bigger club more money imo, don't blame him ether,

Would rather be no.2 at Bristol City or no.2 at Aston villa?

I've no idea, I've not heard that he failed it either

Maybe you could point Sarge & I in the general direction of something that says so

I've not seen anything written about it publicly except here, but it happened. Can't imagine he'd want it widely known, either.

I've not seen anything written about it publicly except here, but it happened. Can't imagine he'd want it widely known, either.

So, it's quite possible that he didn't fail the medical then?

I doubt he wanted it all over twitter that it was a 'done deal', but it was

So, it's quite possible that he didn't fail the medical then?

I doubt he wanted it all over twitter that it was a 'done deal', but it was

No, it is absolutely definite he failed it.

If you want some sort of empirical proof, think about this - Why was he so definite he was going to sign for an unnamed club he tweeted he would announce it last Monday, when he was 'just off for a medical', and then fell into a well of infinite silence about the deal?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Erectile-dysfunction/Pages/Treatment.aspx ????

I think it's come from a game of Chinese whispers. Why would Villa sign him if we wouldn't? I think the very rational theory of Villa came in & gazumpted us is just, if not more, plausible. Either way we are not signing him now on to the next unfounded rumour

If you want some sort of empirical proof, think about this - Why was he so definite he was going to sign for an unnamed club he tweeted he would announce it last Monday, when he was 'just off for a medical', and then fell into a well of infinite silence about the deal?

Plenty of reasons:

• Because he wasn't given the assurances on first team football
  • The contract offer was too low
  • He had further offers but had to wait for the current keeper to go to Middlesbrough
  • He didn't like Steve Cotterills aftershave
  • The water in Bristol tasted funny

Plenty of reasons:

• He had further offers but had to wait for the current keeper to go to Middlesbrough

Yet he was sure enough he was going to be signing that day he tweeted he would reveal the name of the club by the end of the day. And he did fail his medical.

Yet he was sure enough he was going to be signing that day he tweeted he would reveal the name of the club by the end of the day. And he did fail his medical.

Yes, but him announcing that he was en route to a medical would make other clubs act quick.. How are you so sure he failed his medical?

Honestly, is that what you are basing it on?

I've never read anything less in my life that makes me think something was less 'absolutely definite' - except the bible, possibly

Or maybe he just received a call from Villa just before he completed his move here..?!

He seems fit enough to have passed their medical today!

Honestly, is that what you are basing it on?

I've never read anything less in my life that makes me think something was less 'absolutely definite' - except the bible, possibly

No, I know he failed the medical. But since you don't know my word from Adam's I thought you might like some logical deduction to go alongside.

Or maybe he just received a call from Villa just before he completed his move here..?!
He seems fit enough to have passed their medical today!

Not the first time a player has failed a medical somewhere and signed somewhere else.

No, I know he failed the medical. But since you don't know my word from Adam's I thought you might like some logical deduction to go alongside.

Not the first time a player has failed a medical somewhere and signed somewhere else.

So did he "fail" the medical, or just not passed it on purpose.

There is a massive difference between the two, that's what the confusion is over.

• Admin

When will people actually listen that he failed his medical with us, don't know the specifics, but clearly something that Villa are not as concerned about as we are.

Time will tell who made the right decision

When will people actually listen that he failed his medical with us, don't know the specifics, but clearly something that Villa are not as concerned about as we are.

It's not a question of listening. I, like plenty of others have heard nothing about him failing, bar what a couple have said on here. Where has this info suddenly come from.

No idea, I don't know how you'd purposefully fail one.

You made it sound like you knew from the inside that he failed his medical.

He may of passed his medical, and just before dotting the i's on the contract decided against it.

So, you're ITK then?

He may well have failed the medical, I'm not ITK, so I have no idea. Odd that nothing has leaked anywhere on this though, but as you say, I don't have a Scooby who you are and what you know. To be honest, I couldn't care less, I was just questioning your theory. If you know something that I don't then fair enough

Are you saying that we should now take all information posted on this forum as gospel? 

The ITK brigade do have a good record this summer  :laughcont:

I know that at some top clubs when they sign players unlikely to make it into the first team squad the medical consists of simply asking the player if he has a hernia. If he does then he fails the medical coz they wouldn't want to be sued by the player for aggravating it when he picks up his wage packet each week.

You made it sound like you knew from the inside that he failed his medical.

He may of passed his medical, and just before dotting the i's on the contract decided against it.

No he definitely failed, you asked whether it was on purpose or not, short of being Mark Bunn I'm not sure how you'd expect anyone to know.

So, you're ITK then?

He may well have failed the medical, I'm not ITK, so I have no idea. Odd that nothing has leaked anywhere on this though, but as you say, I don't have a Scooby who you are and what you know. To be honest, I couldn't care less, I was just questioning your theory. If you know something that I don't then fair enough

Taking anything on here with a pinch of salt is sensible, that's why I mentioned the tweets, because it tallies up.  I don't generally spread stuff around but whoever it was a few pages back said he definitely hadn't failed which isn't true.

Plenty of reasons:

and he didnt want his kid talking in a bunnkin accent

No he definitely failed, you asked whether it was on purpose or not, short of being Mark Bunn I'm not sure how you'd expect anyone to know.

Taking anything on here with a pinch of salt is sensible, that's why I mentioned the tweets, because it tallies up.  I don't generally spread stuff around but whoever it was a few pages back said he definitely hadn't failed which isn't true.

Fair enough, I bow to your superior knowledge on this

Jeez - we need to sign someone, and quick!

Think it was me on page 6 who suggested he might have failed his medical.

I have actually heard on pretty darn good authority that he did indeed fail his medical.

Clearly Villa are not as stringent as we are.

Other examples of failed med only to sign elsewhere. Demba Ba at Stoke. Went on to bang loads in for West Ham and ended up at Chelsea.

Other examples of failed med only to sign elsewhere. Demba Ba at Stoke. Went on to bang loads in for West Ham and ended up at Chelsea.

Can remember George Boyd failing his 'eye test' at Forest, which caused that transfer to fall through.

Unless you can explain how you actually know rather than just giving a possible (maybe even probable) scenario then I call bs.

You may well be right but I'm not sure you actually 'know'. You sound like my 8/9 year old Year 4 children at my school who are always claiming 'I know, I know' but when asked the question, get it completely wrong. I then have to explain to them the difference between 'knowing' and 'thinking you know', the latter I suspect being the term that describes your knowledge best.

Unless you can explain how you actually know rather than just giving a possible (maybe even probable) scenario then I call bs.

You may well be right but I'm not sure you actually 'know'. You sound like my 8/9 year old Year 4 children at my school who are always claiming 'I know, I know' but when asked the question, get it completely wrong. I then have to explain to them the difference between 'knowing' and 'thinking you know', the latter I suspect being the term that describes your knowledge best.

Which would be pointless, I could claim I'm Steve Cotterill and it'd be just as provable as anything else, and in any case, only an idiot would give away their sources. Whether you believe it or not is no skin off my nose.

Which would be pointless, I could claim I'm Steve Cotterill and it'd be just as provable as anything else, and in any case, only an idiot would give away their sources. Whether you believe it or not is no skin off my nose.

No wouldn't believe it if you said you were SC, however if you said that you have a friend who works.... it may add some credibility thought I would still take it with a pinch of salt.

Otib poster in "I have an inside source but won't divulge it" scandal. Shock horror.

Why should anyone reveal their source of information? If people don't like it tough, they haven't gotta believe anything that is on a public forum, the truth comes out one way or another anyway.

I'm not allowed to say that woodsy is my information source on all things Cam..... so I wont be telling anyone where I get my information from.

Why should anyone reveal their source of information? If people don't like it tough, they haven't gotta believe anything that is on a public forum, the truth comes out one way or another anyway.

I'm not allowed to say that woodsy is my information source on all things Cam..... so I wont be telling anyone where I get my information from.

Fair enough but initially he didn't even say he had a source just that he knew. The explanation that followed included as much info as anyone else knows about him tweeting that he was having a medical and then the signing never materialising. I could come up with the same conclusion as Robin but wouldn't claim to 'know'.

I Wonder where you get it from ...ummmm let me think....oh wait..... :facepalm:

Fair enough but initially he didn't even say he had a source just that he knew. The explanation that followed included as much info as anyone else knows about him tweeting that he was having a medical and then the signing never materialising. I could come up with the same conclusion as Robin but wouldn't claim to 'know'.

To know would indicate you either had a source, were the doctor, or a goalkeeper who recently failed a medical, I didn't think it needed pointing out.

There is no proof, you either believe it or you don't.

Archived