IGNORED

Premiership Loan Players To City

Major Isewater

I agree with you in part and think that the noises ,very soft ones, coming out of Ashton Gate indicate that we will bring in some Prem . loan players .

Not all loans are bad , think Caulker or Matt Smith for example .

In a perfect world we would sign all on permanent transfer .

I don't agree with your last point.

- Young hungry players who have a future with their parent club just wouldn't sign for us permanently but would be glad to sign on loan to play.

- Coming without a loan first we would need to pay over the odds for the potential these lads have and poss in wages yet they may not work out - a risky strategy.

- Conversely, if they come on loan first and prove their quality and we prove to them we are a good club to move to they would be less risk and we may get them cheaper (another year less on the contract with parent club).

- If we do well and get promoted and they play a key role then these player would be more attainable.

I think getting a sprinkling of good loans from the Prem is a sensible strategy for the club right now.

- Young hungry players who have a future with their parent club just wouldn't sign for us permanently but would be glad to sign on loan to play.

- Coming without a loan first we would need to pay over the odds for the potential these lads have and poss in wages yet they may not work out - a risky strategy.

- Conversely, if they come on loan first and prove their quality and we prove to them we are a good club to move to they would be less risk and we may get them cheaper (another year less on the contract with parent club).

- If we do well and get promoted and they play a key role then these player would be more attainable.

I think getting a sprinkling of good loans from the Prem is a sensible strategy for the club right now.

Totally Agree,

I think you need to be aiming for the younger players not yet able to get games at there current clubs... I follow a fair bit of under21 level football and Man City have 3 strikers not likely to break into the first team this coming season with Sergio, Bony, Edin Dzeko (Potentially bring in another forward anyway with the serb back off to Inter).

Devante Cole (On Loan @ MK from Jan last season)

Kelechi Iheanacho - Really thought highly of and the only one with a real possibility of breaking through

Jordi Hiwula - Another young player.

The talk of Lingaard is just out of the question.. he joined Derby end of last season because he suffered the injury on his debut and needed fitness. At the time there wasn't a place in the United side for him and he wanted to be involved in the Euro Champs.

If you want other positions around the younger teams - Arsenal have 

Stefan O'Connor - CB... Think Caulker

Gedion Zelalem - CM - Very Exciting kid in all honesty

Maybe a little out of the league but Akpom.

As i previously mentioned Solonke and Loftus Cheek... 

Most of these are youth loans aswell.

There is a lot of talent in the Under21 Squads that do make squads. Scouting network should be well aware and majority of those already on a list as possibilities.

One player I would like to see here who wouldn't be an unrealistic loan is Uche Ikpeazu. Another great Watford youth striker, very raw but athletic and strong. Caused us problems at Doncaster and has been on loan to L1 sides last year, natural progression is championship this year. He probably won't play at Watford, so a loan or maybe even a perm deal. Watford have an excellent record with young strikers recently so hope we're looking at him.

Solanke is a good suggestion but disagree with him being described as "strong", he's still a boy. When he thickens out he will be a very good player though.

RAF , even you must know this is n't a perfect world !

One player I would like to see here who wouldn't be an unrealistic loan is Uche Ikpeazu. Another great Watford youth striker, very raw but athletic and strong. Caused us problems at Doncaster and has been on loan to L1 sides last year, natural progression is championship this year. He probably won't play at Watford, so a loan or maybe even a perm deal. Watford have an excellent record with young strikers recently so hope we're looking at him.

Solanke is a good suggestion but disagree with him being described as "strong", he's still a boy. When he thickens out he will be a very good player though.

Dominic Solanke

Quick recap of his development last year For example - The Uefa Youth League..(Which they won)

Dominic Solanke

9 Appearances

12 Goals

4 Assists

The Under 21 League

19 Apperances

13 Goals

Made the Bench for Chelsea last season and played 18 minutes of Champions League Football.

He is ready for first team football now.

Totally Agree,

I think you need to be aiming for the younger players not yet able to get games at there current clubs... I follow a fair bit of under21 level football and Man City have 3 strikers not likely to break into the first team this coming season with Sergio, Bony, Edin Dzeko (Potentially bring in another forward anyway with the serb back off to Inter).

Devante Cole (On Loan @ MK from Jan last season)

Kelechi Iheanacho - Really thought highly of and the only one with a real possibility of breaking through

Jordi Hiwula - Another young player.

The talk of Lingaard is just out of the question.. he joined Derby end of last season because he suffered the injury on his debut and needed fitness. At the time there wasn't a place in the United side for him and he wanted to be involved in the Euro Champs.

If you want other positions around the younger teams - Arsenal have

Stefan O'Connor - CB... Think Caulker

Gedion Zelalem - CM - Very Exciting kid in all honesty

Maybe a little out of the league but Akpom.

As i previously mentioned Solonke and Loftus Cheek...

Most of these are youth loans aswell.

There is a lot of talent in the Under21 Squads that do make squads. Scouting network should be well aware and majority of those already on a list as possibilities.

Was thinking of Zelalem on loan from Arsenal or Harrison Reed from Southampton. Either would be exciting loan signings

Not sure I get your drift. In a perfect world we wouldn't sign them permanently is my point. The 'even me' bit is even more baffling.

We obviously don't share the same vision of a " perfect world " but ,for me , i would prefer to have ownership of the player's time and not be subject to the whims of a parent club aka Chelsea who called back Kane to loan him out to Forest , for example.

I would in a "perfect world " not have sausage fingers that send my post before i've finished it .

I would prefer a world where the best players are already at City and the others want to be here .

Where every transfer is successful and our Academy produces quality performers who slot effortlessly into our Champions league team .

The " even you " is a bit of teasing but apologies if i was too familiar .

Dominic Solanke

Quick recap of his development last year For example - The Uefa Youth League..(Which they won)

Dominic Solanke

9 Appearances

12 Goals

4 Assists

The Under 21 League

19 Apperances

13 Goals

Made the Bench for Chelsea last season and played 18 minutes of Champions League Football.

He is ready for first team football now.

Maybe, but remember that MK Dons lad that last season had a fantastic scoring record at youth level, promoted him and he wasn't strong enough for men's football. Solanke will be a great player, I just question whether he is physically strong enough to compete at men's level yet.

Maybe, but remember that MK Dons lad that last season had a fantastic scoring record at youth level, promoted him and he wasn't strong enough for men's football. Solanke will be a great player, I just question whether he is physically strong enough to compete at men's level yet.

Baldock ?

I do agree with what your saying, he's played in the champions league for Chelsea, and also made a few squads because of Remy and Costas injury. At 17 he might not have matured exactly how he will end up to be, but remember a certain Michael Owen bursting on the scene, his pace and football technique made up for the lack of power. Di Matteo said last season he would become a star and would be first teamer at shalke.

He has enormous amount of pace, and both footed. If you read this back in 2/3 years I'd expect him to be a established prem striker. Jose said he is special, that for one is a massive statement from somebody who doesn't easily give out praise.

Anyway without trying to sound like I know him it's def somebody I'd love to sign, but I do think he would be off to Belgian football on loan.

Sorry I meant Diaby.  Released this summer and still without a club according to wiks

he is a great player with 2 major problems- his ankles

as much as i'd love to see diaby here for his quality it would be far too risky given his track record with injuries.

Plus his wages I expect would be monstrous, that said I've heard stories that he took reduced/no wages while injured- if true and he thought he was over the injuries then he may take a big cut if it meant he would be playing, but I expect those rumours are bollocks

I'm coming to this party a little late, but here's a list of potential prem loanees I posted in the big speculation thread back in early May :

Dominic Solanke - 17 - Chelsea - ST

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 19 - Chelsea - CM

Jordy Hiwula - 20 - Man City - ST

Will Keane - 22- Man Utd - ST

Jordan Rossiter - 18 - Liverpool - CM

Sheyi Ojo - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Jerome Sinclair - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Lloyd Jones - 19 - Liverpool - CB

Shaq Coulthirst - 20 - Spurs - ST

Harrison Reed - 20 - Southampton - CB

Sam Gallagher - 19 - Southampton - ST

Jack Stephens - 21 - Southampton - CB

Matt Grimes - 19 - Swansea - CM

Jay Fulton - 21 - Swansea - CM

Ryan Hedges - 19 - Swansea - ST

Rory Donnelly - 23 - Swansea - ST

Ollie Shenton - 17 - Stoke - CM

George Waring - 20 - Stoke - ST

Julian N'Goy - 18 - Stoke - ST

Conor McAleny - 22 - Everton - ST

Chris Wood - 23 - Leicester - ST

Duncan Watmore - 21 - Sunderland - ST/RW

Adam Armstrong - 18 - Newcastle - ST

Of that lot, Donnelly has now gone to Gillingham, and Wood to Leeds.  The rest are still available.  A few mentioned on this thread already.

I do have a strong feeling we will top up the squad with one or two loanees, but maybe not til late August/early Sept.

Certainly would be enquiring for Grimes at Swansea - seen him play for Exeter a fair few times & always looked a bright prospect, someone who wants the ball. Location could be a weighing factor too. 

I'm coming to this party a little late, but here's a list of potential prem loanees I posted in the big speculation thread back in early May :

Dominic Solanke - 17 - Chelsea - ST

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 19 - Chelsea - CM

Jordy Hiwula - 20 - Man City - ST

Will Keane - 22- Man Utd - ST

Jordan Rossiter - 18 - Liverpool - CM

Sheyi Ojo - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Jerome Sinclair - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Lloyd Jones - 19 - Liverpool - CB

Shaq Coulthirst - 20 - Spurs - ST

Harrison Reed - 20 - Southampton - CB

Sam Gallagher - 19 - Southampton - ST

Jack Stephens - 21 - Southampton - CB

Matt Grimes - 19 - Swansea - CM

Jay Fulton - 21 - Swansea - CM

Ryan Hedges - 19 - Swansea - ST

Rory Donnelly - 23 - Swansea - ST

Ollie Shenton - 17 - Stoke - CM

George Waring - 20 - Stoke - ST

Julian N'Goy - 18 - Stoke - ST

Conor McAleny - 22 - Everton - ST

Chris Wood - 23 - Leicester - ST

Duncan Watmore - 21 - Sunderland - ST/RW

Adam Armstrong - 18 - Newcastle - ST

Of that lot, Donnelly has now gone to Gillingham, and Wood to Leeds.  The rest are still available.  A few mentioned on this thread already.

I do have a strong feeling we will top up the squad with one or two loanees, but maybe not til late August/early Sept.

Swindon have just signed (or are about to) three players from Liverpool apparently on season long loans, not sure if it's any of those you've mentioned. Wouldn't have minded seeing Chris Wood back.

Agree. It's becoming increasingly obvious that we're unlikely to sign the 6/7 players we need on permanent deals. Seems much more likely it'll be 4/5 permanent topped up with a couple of loan deals. No issue with that at all, mind.

Archived