IGNORED

Agard Out - 6-8 Weeks. Knee Op

Could be a big blessing in disguise this. Likely to push Cotts and the board on to sign a good striker. To survive in the Championship you need a striker who will get you at least 12-15 goals.

I don't think its a blessing at all; quite the opposite. However we were always in need of 2 new strikers and that may mean we go for a third now on loan.

Personally, I don't think Agard would have started in the team at the beginning of the season. Although Cotts publicly backed him last season, which was good, he didn't look like a championship player. Cotts has said he intends to sign two strikers, and I can't imagine they will be signed as backup to Agard. Where we miss out, is he won't be on the bench, but this might give Burns a chance to prove whether he can make it or not.

• Admin

Could be a big blessing in disguise this. Likely to push Cotts and the board on to sign a good striker. To survive in the Championship you need a striker who will get you at least 12-15 goals.

What if we have a defender that scores 12-15 goals, could we survive then?

How about if our top scorer only got 8 goals, would that make it impossible to reach the play-off final?

How about if our top scorer only got 8 goals, would that make it impossible to reach the play-off final?

So very true, but if only Gary had signed a player who scored 12 goals.

Nonsense.

Typical British viewpoint.

The team scored 96 league goals last season and they came from the whole team not just one player. Why put all the pressure on one player who could get crocked in any game ?

Its 2015 not 1975.

As you say it's a team game ,maybe Agard

's constant movement made the space for other team mates to score ?

Archived