IGNORED

Ashton Gate Station

Port Said Red

If, like me, you quite fancy taking the train to the match each week, make your view known people. :)

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/ashton-gate-rail-station-needs-your-support-2523765.aspx

I took the opportunity to have my say about the P'head station proposals as well, seems a good plan to me....

Now don't get me wrong, I know that SL can't just bankroll every potential idea, but with this being of massive benefit to everything Ashton Gate based, if it's hinging on finances, wouldn't this be a good investment for him and Bristol Sport to get it pushed through ASAP...?

Now don't get me wrong, I know that SL can't just bankroll every potential idea, but with this being of massive benefit to everything Ashton Gate based, if it's hinging on finances, wouldn't this be a good investment for him and Bristol Sport to get it pushed through ASAP...?

I am not sure if that is the main reason for them not building/reopening the station, I think they feel that there has to be a limited number of stops to keep the speed of service up. I don't agree but It could be that they think Parsons Street services the area sufficiently. 

The merc garage development has kicked off..will be a storage building and flats.

IMO both BCC and NSCC should be helping fund the station and if they want to support from BS as well.

Really don't see how it should cost that much given the platform is still there. Refurb and build a walkway to the subway by the allotments and job done.

I have signed the petition and also made my views known the consoltation. 

There seems to be a flaw in the figures . The intial document makes no mention of Ashton Gate staduim and the demand from football and rugby fans. They are bases the usage of the station as the same as the other urban stations in Bristol. They have not also taken in to account the many festivals at Ashton court park.

Ashton Gate station would have more passanges then Parson St. Bedminster , Stapleton Road and Lawerance Hill put together. Its is cazy that the aurthorites cant see it.

I think that is their thinking - they are wrong, but it seems they are stuck in that mindset.

I've filled in the form in support of a station at AG but I feel its a non-starter unless interested parties (BS, local traders, developers etc) form a united front and and get some serious political backing.

This has already started http://ashtongatestation.org.uk/. The campaign group includes Bristol Sport and a number of other business, one of which is the Tobacco Factory so hopefully that will give extra political support.

I get trains occasionally and avoid parson street as it's horrible. Access is from steep steps in the middle of a junction.

Get rid of it and rebuild Ashton Gate.

Getting rid of Parson street is not the answer. Its a well used station for people. Ashton Gate station would be on the branch line where as Parson Street sits on the main line , so you can get on at Parson street and catch trains to Taunton and Gloucester this is not the case with Ashton Gate which will be part of the "S" route which is basically an extension to the Severn beach line . However when trains reach Avonmouth the the train will head back over the motorway stopping at Henbury and then on to Parkway.

Archived