IGNORED

Clarke Carlisle Suicide Driver Found Dead

Jesus

That is extremely sad to hear and read.

Whilst I understand that suicide it's self is an issue, I can't help but think that if you want to kill yourself, then do it all on your own and don't involve others as we can all now see the outcome of what can happen.

Imagine what the emergency services must feel like also having to attend incidents like this.

My wife was a First Responder for a few years, but had to stop, because of what she had seen and been involved in.....

It takes a very special person to deal with things like this.

In short if you want to kill yourself, think about the in pacts on others, but then I guess on the flip side if you are minded to kill yourself your not thinking anyway... vicious circle really.....

Very sad news RIP

*** PLEASE EVERYONE BE MINDFUL OF ANY COMMENTS ADDING TO THIS THREAD, AS IT'S A VERY SENSITIVE SUBJECT ***

I read this yesterday and it is very sad.

However I would like to point out one distinct difference between Carlisle and this poor man, this poor man didn't involve an unwitting 2nd person in his suicide.

RIP.

All I'd add is that the reasons for suicide are usually complex and not dependent on just one factor. I'm sure witnessing a serious accident didn't help this man, but there may well have been other things going on in his head.

Take the case of that granny who jumped off the Avon Gorge. The Mail reported it as she'd been "hounded to death" by cold callers. It later emerged at her inquest that she had serious health and money worries, was lonely and had a lifelong battle with depression.

All I'd add is that the reasons for suicide are usually complex and not dependent on just one factor. I'm sure witnessing a serious accident didn't help this man, but there may well have been other things going on in his head.

Take the case of that granny who jumped off the Avon Gorge. The Mail reported it as she'd been "hounded to death" by cold callers. It later emerged at her inquest that she had serious health and money worries, was lonely and had a lifelong battle with depression.

The gutter media like simple answers, probably because it saves them and their readers from the hideous effort of thinking.

Very true, but dealing with the aftermath of a suicide as you describe is done by professionals, who are trained to be completely dispassionate in such situations.

Being 'involved' as an unwitting 2nd person in a suicide plan can lead to tragedies such as this.

As the article says he doesn't hate CC and knows he was in a dark place when he attempted suicide. If the guy himself can say this despite this tragic ending, I don't (respectfully) believe anybody else's views are relevant. Just an incredibly sad series of events. RIP.

Archived