IGNORED

Retail Outlets - Swindon/street

Big Red Rich

So the missus wants some new clobber for her hols. I love a good bargain and previously we've gone down to Street and got the little'un some new shoes whilst we're there. That said, I've heard the outlet is Swindle is decent, anyone been to both and can give me a comparison? Best bit about street is there is a pub on the high st. for a bit of r&r after the missus has dragged you round every shop and the kids are screaming blue murder!!!! If there is anywhere else you can suggest I'm all ears...

Gloucester Quays is shocking shopping wise. Just to give you an idea, a number of the units there have never been leased as there's not enough interest. For locals, the cinema/food part is getting better and the town centre is walking distance but if its outlet shopping you are after, go to Street (we did and we're from Stroud!)

I can't compare them as I've not been to Swindon, but I can point out that you can get all the brands mentioned above at Clarks Village in Street.

Lacoste definitely isn't at Clarks village anymore. Don't recall seeing Ralph Lauren there either. Good for a pair of desert boots or wallabees though.

Lacoste definitely isn't at Clarks village anymore. Don't recall seeing Ralph Lauren there either. Good for a pair of desert boots or wallabees though.

There are Lacoste, Henri Lloyd and Timberland shops currently. Not sure if you can get Ralph Lauren stuff in other outlets.

Clark's Village - like all these outlet shopping places - are trying to copy the success of Bicester Village, in making it high-value "name" boutiques rather than stuff that the coach parties from the Welsh Valleys came for.

I'm not a fan of the place - or the concept generally - but as it's right on my doorstep and there are scant alternative menswear shops in my 'hood, I am a frequent visitor.

There are Lacoste, Henri Lloyd and Timberland shops currently. Not sure if you can get Ralph Lauren stuff in other outlets.

Clark's Village - like all these outlet shopping places - are trying to copy the success of Bicester Village, in making it high-value "name" boutiques rather than stuff that the coach parties from the Welsh Valleys came for.

I'm not a fan of the place - or the concept generally - but as it's right on my doorstep and there are scant alternative menswear shops in my 'hood, I am a frequent visitor.

Lacoste shut down in Street.

No Adidas or Nike shop now either.

Swindon is better imo.

Lacoste shut down in Street.

No Adidas or Nike shop now either.

Swindon is better imo.

Fans of the Indonesian sweat shop fare can get Adidas and Nike in other outlets in CV.

It also has Bench, Superdry, Vans and North Face - which I'm considerably more likely to shop in than sportswear crap.

I'm not associated with the place you understand. Those bastard pulled my parents' house down.

Fans of the Indonesian sweat shop fare can get Adidas and Nike in other outlets in CV.

It also has Bench, Superdry, Vans and North Face - which I'm considerably more likely to shop in than sportswear crap.

I'm not associated with the place you understand. Those bastard pulled my parents' house down.

That's awful!I hope they had gone out for the day.

Archived