IGNORED

Championship Transfer Tracker

Harry

• Admin

Blackburn also under embargo, and signed twice as many!

Barcelona handed a ban in April 14 but appealed it, & signed loads whilst waiting for the hearing in August 14 :D

But with Blackburn/Forest I am being churlish as I'm aware that even under an embargo you are allowed to sign players under a certain contract monetry value (don't know what it is though) as it is seen to be "getting your house in order" 

Barcelona handed a ban in April 14 but appealed it, & signed loads whilst waiting for the hearing in August 14 :D

But with Blackburn/Forest I am being churlish as I'm aware that even under an embargo you are allowed to sign players under a certain contract monetry value (don't know what it is though) as it is seen to be "getting your house in order" 

And what about QPR , aren't they meant to owe millions of pounds to the football league ?

• Admin

Harry's list shows 4 signings for Florist so i think he is probably well informed unless Harry has got his facts wrong.

He was complaining about being under the embargo to the media this week.

The 4 signings are free or loans which are permitted btw.

Slightly surprised at the number of signings many clubs have made; really cannot think how that will play - may be very tricky to predict results across the first few months of the season, what with all the new players getting used to their clubs.

One thing which is worth noting though (trying for a positive spin here, so forgive the speculation at work...) is that if we bring in a couple of players maybe before the weekend, then we'll have signed as many as five others, and if three players arrive (being aware of the four player incoming rumour) then that is the same as nine others - not that these stats mean much, just that we'd not be too far behind (though that is of course presuming the other sides don't go on a spree).

End of the day, one of the positives is that (perhaps JET aside) I don't really think we've lost anyone not replaceable or integral to the side, while when you look at the outgoings on that list, it is clear some sides have, and are perhaps reinvesting in the hope they cover those gaps.

As I say; grasping for a silver lining...

I've just had a quick scan through this and see lots of frees and not too many 'wow' signings, and it's made me a bit more positive about our chances.

I think there are a number of clubs under financial pressure and the likes of Middlesbrough and Derby are playing shit or bust. There appear to be a few clubs getting numbers in, which I don't blame them for doing.

In retrospect we could be sat here having sold Freeman, Flint or Bryan or all three and taking gambles on replacing them.

I'd still like two or three (wouldn't we all), but not at all costs.

There's only five teams that has spent more than us so far cotts knows what he's doing we if my contact right we have two more in this week pos mid week

Seeing as we are a minimum of five short us signing two this week will be about as surprising as Christmas being on December 25th...

I've just had a quick scan through this and see lots of frees and not too many 'wow' signings, and it's made me a bit more positive about our chances.

I think there are a number of clubs under financial pressure and the likes of Middlesbrough and Derby are playing shit or bust. There appear to be a few clubs getting numbers in, which I don't blame them for doing.

In retrospect we could be sat here having sold Freeman, Flint or Bryan or all three and taking gambles on replacing them.

I'd still like two or three (wouldn't we all), but not at all costs.

I have to say i agree. With the amount of debt hanging around many clubs necks at this level the amount of 'FREE' deals comes as no suprise, i think it will be a sign of things to come in Football in general to be honest.. Most clubs are skint that is the truth.

Literally 2 decent signings for us and it looks a whole lot better.

Archived