IGNORED

We Are A Long Way Behind .

Major Isewater

While I think we should be aiming for a top half finish, I don't think it is as important as what we are trying to achieve long term. No point in adding 8 random guys. Stick to the plan and bring in the right guys. If we are challenging and fall a bit at the end because of lack of numbers, that is fine. It shows future recruits what we are about. So if waiting for the right players means a 15th place finish this season but showing a good brand of football than so be it. It isn't what I want but I trust the plan. It's not likely to go up two years in a row. It can be done but not likely throwing all your eggs in one basket. Progress. Hopefully we do well through January and that opens some doors for us in the winter transfer window.

Spot on

Patients lads  :yawn: .  We have a great set of players already, But they will know we need a few class additions still. 

I can see us deadline day dealing and I'm glad SC hasn't just blown SL's coin on 7 average additions as someone did once. *coughs*

We know what we are after, top class players who share the dream and wants to be a part of it, a player who wants to be one of a few to take this club into the Prem, for the first time. Thats a selling point and I know we are searching for that strong minded player with the skills too.

Sadly not too many about, but they will be come available when players start to move and the money is flowing, but this will be near the end of the window i think.

If we end up signing no one i'll be upset, but not half as upset if we signed someone in a panic or who is well below what we have already, we have such a great set of lads, maybe the best I've ever seen, we don't need massive changes, just  careful additions and quality ones too.

I can wait...

While I think we should be aiming for a top half finish, I don't think it is as important as what we are trying to achieve long term. No point in adding 8 random guys. Stick to the plan and bring in the right guys. If we are challenging and fall a bit at the end because of lack of numbers, that is fine. It shows future recruits what we are about. So if waiting for the right players means a 15th place finish this season but showing a good brand of football than so be it. It isn't what I want but I trust the plan. It's not likely to go up two years in a row. It can be done but not likely throwing all your eggs in one basket. Progress. Hopefully we do well through January and that opens some doors for us in the winter transfer window.

Spot on

Archived