IGNORED

Purple And Lime

CotswoldRed

No update, but would imagine it can't be far away.

Ps don't expect too much purple and lime, it's not the main colour

Was talking about the limited pre-order shirts. I hope they are Purple and Lime as advertised/shown.

• Admin

Was talking about the limited pre-order shirts. I hope they are Purple and Lime as advertised/shown.

I missed that - what was shown?

Hate to say from how it has been described to me, P&L is definately not the main colour

Sigh

I'm old enough to remember when the original purple and lime was revealed.  An end-of-season, meaningless game, at half time (I think) sky divers dropped into the Gate, wearing the new kit.  The P&L one was greeted with huge chants of "What the ******* hell is that?"

So, actually, it wasn't an instant success, and is not everyone's favourite all-time kit.

Me? I'd have us back in yellow 'n' green away kit like a shot.  

Secret - you can't deny though it's been a huge success on AND off the pitch 2014/15  :chant6ez:

This is true, although IIRC in the original P&L season it wasn't that much of a talisman (Liverpool excluded) - remember us getting beat by West Ham that year wearing all lime green due to kit clashes (now that was a nasty, nasty kit)

• Admin

This is true, although IIRC in the original P&L season it wasn't that much of a talisman (Liverpool excluded) - remember us getting beat by West Ham that year wearing all lime green due to kit clashes (now that was a nasty, nasty kit)

We were dire under Russell Osman that season, apart from Anfield very few other happy memories of that kit

Don't quote me on it, but I've been told by somebody who knows somebody at BS, that we'll be wearing it as a third kit if required. However, the new black kit is unlikely to clash so the chances of P&L being required is very slim.

Is there a team in the country who would clash with our new away kit?

Nothing obvious springs to mind, though I suppose it wouldn't be ideal against a team wearing black and white e.g. Notts County or Newcastle.

• Admin

Is there a team in the country who would clash with our new away kit?

Nothing obvious springs to mind, though I suppose it wouldn't be ideal against a team wearing black and white e.g. Notts County or Newcastle.

Bournemouth play in red & black. How much black is in Brentford's kit this season?

Archived