IGNORED

Mark Little- Next Season

MC RISK77

After a very promising start to his season last year when I thought he was on a par with all our new signings, he seemed to tail off a bit in the second half of the season coupled with an injury

How do people think he will fare in the championship? as the gut feel is maybe ayling will be the long term solution at rwb....

I think Little has plenty to offer and hope he can find his best form again

I don't know what peoples problem is with the guy, he's a very good player. Brings the ball forward very well, can cross, very physical and a good tackler, especially for a full back. I think he'll do very well in the championship with us. He'll also have the bonus of a great team spirit and the momentum from last season. I don't think we'll have any problems with Little.

I felt he was shown to be a bit of a one trick pony myself, if he couldn't muscle his way past people I don't think he had a plan B. Having said that he did adapt his game a little against WHam in the cup when he came inside more and kept the ball well when he couldn't get past their fullback.

• Admin

Given the wing back role has to be one of the most physically demanding positions in our team I would attribute some of that observation to fatigue. Remember Joe on the other flank would occasionally be rested for Greg whilst Little's only rest would be for the final few minutes of games where we ran the risk of Wagstaff coming on and being at fault for a goal. (note I like Waggy but he really doesn't perform the wing back role well).

I felt he was shown to be a bit of a one trick pony myself, if he couldn't muscle his way past people I don't think he had a plan B. Having said that he did adapt his game a little against WHam in the cup when he came inside more and kept the ball well when he couldn't get past their fullback.

His one trick, which was good at the start of the season, was to accelerate past the opposition full back and hit a cross. Once other teams realised this his effectiveness decreased. I  don't think this will be work in the Championship.  I also  think his defensive qualities looked a bit lacking at times last season so will be exposed even more this season.

i think we will see the best of little this season, he will be suited to the pace of the championship and his "one trick" (being quick) will work very well for a team playing with wingbacks in a league that is quicker than league one.

After a very promising start to his season last year when I thought he was on a par with all our new signings, he seemed to tail off a bit in the second half of the season coupled with an injury

How do people think he will fare in the championship? as the gut feel is maybe ayling will be the long term solution at rwb....

I think Little has plenty to offer and hope he can find his best form again

I personally hope he gets the same chance as every other player to shine, as last season he became a unjustified target for the boo boys!

Question, name someone from championship and below that is better than him at what he does in that position? I would struggle to think of many. Tabs ran him close which is why I would have liked us to get him permanently but we can be confident with little at rwb and if necessary, move ayling out there.

Think sc and many others would disagree. Not my favourite player but boy does mark little take a lot of unnecessary flack. People should take more time on picking out postives in players rather than listing what they can't do. Counter productive

Ayling at wingback would be very much an emergency situation imo.

He isn't a full back let alone a wing back from what I've seen - very easily turned as he's slow in that respect, quick enough in a straight line though and decent in bringing the ball out from the back but easily knocked off the ball. He's fine as one of three centre backs but I suspect the club are looking to improve in that position.

Little is a natural wingback, very athletic, quick and strong. His crossing could be improved but thats nit picking and I don't think we are going to get much better than him at this time. Important player for us.

Very much this.

And Little is still not yet probably at the peak of his prowess. He's learning and being inspired by the manager, coaching staff and those around him.

I think the strength of the guy could be crucial in the Championship.

Archived