IGNORED

Season Prediction

miloemily

I'm deeply concerned with the depth of the squad in what looks to be an extremely strong division.

If the first 11 avoid injury problems and suspension, I can't see why they couldn't compete and avoid a relegation dog fight but that seems unrealistic given the vigour of a long season. Not having JPT as a burden will help.

A couple of key signings and I think a top ten isn't unrealistic as the momentum from last season will be a huge boost and that would also help with the squad depth.

17th.

Either the Championship is actually quite sh!te and the top team from the third division is way better than 2 thirds of the existing teams, or we have noticeably improved our squad to the point where it is better than 2 thirds of the division.

Or maybe its none of those, we are who we are, the majority of clubs are better than us and we will finish 17th/18th.

On current evidence i think the last option is most likely. 

I believe that, realistically, a top half finish, i.e. 12th or above, should be considered a success.

Anywhere higher I would consider to be a remarkable achievement and lower a slight disappointment.

Promotion, either automatically or via the playoffs, I believe is beyond us and relegation would be a huge disappointment (and also extremely unlikely in my view).

Do you guys think Jonathon Kodjia left a Ligue 1 team about to play PSG next season to join a Championship club that will end up 17th? I don't think so, I would like to think big. We managed 6th in our first Championship season almost 10 years ago, and with players like Flint, Freeman, Smith, Fielding, Agard and now Kodjia among others we can and I think we will fly high this season. There's no other way to think about it.

Do you guys think Jonathon Kodjia left a Ligue 1 team about to play PSG next season to join a Championship club that will end up 17th? I don't think so, I would like to think big. We managed 6th in our first Championship season almost 10 years ago, and with players like Flint, Freeman, Smith, Fielding, Agard and now Kodjia among others we can and I think we will fly high this season. There's no other way to think about it.

I want to agree but without more signings it really is hard to imagine. Looking at the signings made, the top 8 will be hard to crack no matter who we sign. Could we sign a few more surprises and compete for it? Sure but I need to see these quality signings first. As is, we have an outstanding 13 or so when healthy. Those 13 should provide us a finish between 8-14 but they will need rest for that to work. I love your optimism and hope you're right!

I want to agree but without more signings it really is hard to imagine. Looking at the signings made, the top 8 will be hard to crack no matter who we sign. Could we sign a few more surprises and compete for it? Sure but I need to see these quality signings first. As is, we have an outstanding 13 or so when healthy. Those 13 should provide us a finish between 8-14 but they will need rest for that to work. I love your optimism and hope you're right!

Maybe they told him who else we were planning to sign? Plenty of time left plus loans

Maybe they told him who else we were planning to sign? Plenty of time left plus loans

I agree there is plenty of time. I've stated multiple times that we have until the end of August for signings and then the loan market and I expect us to take every second of that time to find "our" squad. I hope he is right. I hope we sign players that make a big difference. Just hard to imagine with some of the moves the top 8 or so have made. It'll be an exciting season for sure.

Can't remember finishing 6th mate, couple of places higher??

Archived