IGNORED

Bolasie Bids Imminent

The Gambler

We bloody better have a decent sell on fee.  Otherwise selling him for 350k was bad business.

I admit to be fooled by him though. Thought he was pretty rubbish and Adomah was better.

Yep. A lot of you were wrong.

Can't see him moving to Villa, unless he was offered wages that Palace cannot match, which with Randy Lerner trying to sell the club, I can't see happening.

Palace have recruited well in Cabaye and Bamford (loan). I can see Palace (through gritted teeth) doing quite well next year. 

We bloody better have a decent sell on fee.  Otherwise selling him for 350k was bad business.

I admit to be fooled by him though. Thought he was pretty rubbish and Adomah was better.

I wasn't too sure about him either. Seems strange that he didn't get more game time while he was here though - probably because McInnes etc couldn't rely on playing him and Adomah together because of our defensive frailties and lack of a central midfield.

I wasn't too sure about him either. Seems strange that he didn't get more game time while he was here though - probably because McInnes etc couldn't rely on playing him and Adomah together because of our defensive frailties and lack of a central midfield.

Or Mcinnes didn't really have a clue?

I don't think anyone who watched City during that period can honestly say that they thought Bolasie was better than Albert.

I'm sure plenty of people may have said that he had the POTENTIAL to be better than Albert, but in the time he was with us Bolasie scored one goal and I'm not sure if he ever got an assist, whereas Albert scored 17 league goals for us and was top assister every season he played for us.

I don't think anyone who watched City during that period can honestly say that they thought Bolasie was better than Albert.

I'm sure plenty of people may have said that he had the POTENTIAL to be better than Albert, but in the time he was with us Bolasie scored one goal and I'm not sure if he ever got an assist, whereas Albert scored 17 league goals for us and was top assister every season he played for us.

Part of the problem was that Albert was massively overrated by the fans.

No doubt, but it doesn't change the fact that he was probably the most consistent player for us for the 3 years he was here, whereas Bolasie only ever did one (admittedly very important) thing in a City shirt.

Without doubt he was our best player and it was a shame for him he played in such poor teams.

I listened to an interview with the Palace chairman the other night on the Sportsbar (Talksport) and he was saying he couldn't understand why Dougie Freedman was so adamant in signing him. Freedman was saying 'we have to get this guy he's something special, he's going to be the real deal'. Parish was bewildered as he'd had little game time and Albert was keeping him out of the side. He took the punt unwittingly and he's said Bolasie is the best deal he ever made.

He wasn't overrated, he was the shining light in a very shit side at that time.

I'd say he was maybe overrated compared to other players in the league, but he was no way overrated within City's own team. As you say our team was terrible then and he was such higher quality than anyone else in our team at the time. Certainly Bolasie.

We bloody better have a decent sell on fee. Otherwise selling him for 350k was bad business.

I think the problem when he was at City was having Albert as first choice winger. It was difficult to fit both of them into the team, so when he did play, it wasn't necessarily in a role that suited him.

Archived