IGNORED

Any Mechanics About?

Big Red Rich

So I'm going to take it to a garage asap but any idea what might be wrong with my work van (pug expert 1.9D)? It lacks power especially up hills and when it needs to use power it pumps out black/grey smoke and produces an odd smell. It's otherwise a bit 'jolty' when driving along flat roads. It's been like it for sometime but only very very minor but it's pretty much terminal now it would seem.

On the plus point it isn't over heating and has just flown through the mot with flying colours despite the fact it's 10 years old and has 119k on the clock.

Any ideas?

Passing a mot means nothing really

Yeah appreciate that, just clutching at straws!!! Not using anymore oil than normal and the issue has been present for a couple of years and just getting worse, I don't think/hope it's a head issue! Fingers crossed!

Problem is I'm using it daily at the moment for 2 x 10 minute journies so it doesn't have a chance to warm up so couldnt really tell you.... 2-3 years ago every now and then you would feel a slight lack of power and then it was kick back into life, I hardly noticed it and it never annoyed me, now it struggles to get up hills!!!

Archived