IGNORED

Getting Players In Early!

gibbo7

I may be mistaken but many a time through last season it was mentioned that the team spirit built by having such a great tour with everyone there due to early signings was a key reason for our success!!

If this was to case, which it was stated why would you not pay a little extra during the start of the transfer window and replicate the business model of last year?

I may be mistaken but many a time through last season it was mentioned that the team spirit built by having such a great tour with everyone there due to early signings was a key reason for our success!!

If this was to case, which it was stated why would you not pay a little extra during the start of the transfer window and replicate the business model of last year?

I thought the general consensus from last season was that because we were assured of promotion so early it meant the management team had a head start on identifying targets for this season.

Maybe it's a different ball game at this level to coax promising youngsters to enhance their careers with what is yet an unknown quantity at this level.

Still a bit of time left yet but agree the squad is looking small on numbers at the moment without even considering quality.

Agard... annnnd....

Agard and the loan signings. None of which seemed to have a problem integrating into the squad.

In an ideal world, I've no doubt SC would have liked more business done by this time, but it's not that easy. It certainly won't derail our season.

I just know that if we do struggle this season this is the stick that some people will use to beat the club with, we failed to bring targets early enough to intergrate them in pre-season. Just as very thing good was heaped on Botswana, everything bad will be blamed on Portugal.

I just know that if we do struggle this season this is the stick that some people will use to beat the club with, we failed to bring targets early enough to intergrate them in pre-season. Just as very thing good was heaped on Botswana, everything bad will be blamed on Portugal.

And that would be a justified reason, if we do struggle this season, but I'm absolutely convinced that's it's not been for the want of trying to get quality players in.

As long as out targets have been ambitious but realistic, then I can live with that.

It's better that dishing out 3 year deals to 6-7 sub standard players or has been names, which would dump us firmly back in the position we were in 2-3 years ago.

I do t think I've ever had as much trust in the club to be doing the best that it can do. If it doesn't come off, then I hope plan B isn't a panic solution.

Ok it is probably a good thing to get players in as early as possible but it also not a complete disaster to get players in at the last minute. If it was that much of a drawback why are so many deals done on deadline day? People should stop panicking and enjoy the sunshine as its raining tomorrow :)

We have a first 11 that are used to playing together as a team. As long as late signings have done a decent pre-season they can bed in once the season is underway. Obviously preferable to get players in early, but hopefully this means we are waiting for premier league squads and top championship squads to settle so we can capture our targets.

These teams will have their 'Greg Cunninghams' that'll suit us fine.

Archived