IGNORED

Boro Away

MattWSM

the fans boycotting the Wednesday game cant we just postpone the opening day carnival atmosphere and take 6,000 to Boro away instead.

went there in 1993 when at Ayresome park and we bt them 1 nil. fans singing we bt the boro one nil anyone on here go to that? Not many City there as I remember.

the fans boycotting the Wednesday game cant we just postpone the opening day carnival atmosphere and take 6,000 to Boro away instead.

went there in 1993 when at Ayresome park and we bt them 1 nil. fans singing we bt the boro one nil anyone on here go to that? Not many City there as I remember.

Yes I was at that game. Tinnion penalty, if I remember correctly..?

Was there, intimidating old school ground in a rather unpleasant area, as a mere youth I remember very little of the 2 nights spent in Newcastle, my first introduction to the famous brown ale or bottle of dog as they called it.

Really looking forward to this seasons fixture and heading straight back home after!!!!!!! No Newcastle nonsense for me.

Yes I was at that game. Tinnion penalty, if I remember correctly..?

Yep me too, took me eleven hours in the car to get there and back!

Our first win there for something like 80 years.

Didn't it look like Tinman had missed the pen cos it rebounded back from an advertising hoarding near the back of the net and it looked like he'd hit the post?!

Also remember a Boro fan charging across the pitch to throw his season ticket at Lennie Lawrence on their bench!

Great day out!

Didn't it look like Tinman had missed the pen cos it rebounded back from an advertising hoarding near the back of the net and it looked like he'd hit the post?!

Also remember a Boro fan charging across the pitch to throw his season ticket at Lennie Lawrence on their bench!

Great day out!

all i can remember wasnt many of us there about 80 and the goal went in late. can remember them being pxxxed off after just coming down from old 1st div.

I can remember it felt like a dodgy rough area.

all i can remember wasnt many of us there about 80 and the goal went in late. can remember them being pxxxed off after just coming down from old 1st div.

I can remember it felt like a dodgy rough area.

There were a lot more that that. Only 3-400 but I was surprised there were as many as that at the time.

Great day out!

Three of us went that day, had a beer in a place called Chaplins before the game god I couldn't wait to get out of the place could have been a big mistake but got away with it!

Remember Ronnie (RIP) having a disagreement with a fan in the away end wearing a Villa top and then got himself ejected by the old bill.

Ayresome park was a tough place to go where you could very easily come unstuck.

Good win though

Archived