IGNORED

Are You Patient, Bored Or Worried?

Tomo

• Admin

Because we don't desperately need players to improve our starting 11 I am fairly calm because if Agard is the only player missing on August 8th, I think that starting team should pick something up at Hillsborough. It's not ideal though to have no-one on the bench that the manager would consider as a starting option.

But the sooner we pick up at least one backup player in each of the key positions, the happier I will be. Ignoring the also rans that we shipped out on loan last season or were busy being part of youth teams losing regularly to teams of their own age group let alone men's football, the only position we currently have 1 suitable player of cover for is Striker when Agard returns. 

5 players minimum required (preferably 6) by the time the window closes. (and I don't care if they are our players or loans)

Because we don't desperately need players to improve our starting 11 I am fairly calm because if Agard is the only player missing on August 8th, I think that starting team should pick something up at Hillsborough. It's not ideal though to have no-one on the bench that the manager would consider as a starting option.

But the sooner we pick up at least one backup player in each of the key positions, the happier I will be. Ignoring the also rans that we shipped out on loan last season or were busy being part of youth teams losing regularly to teams of their own age group let alone men's football, the only position we currently have 1 suitable player of cover for is Striker when Agard returns. 

5 players minimum required (preferably 6) by the time the window closes. (and I don't care if they are our players or loans)

I don't understand the need for back up squad players, we want players that are going to improve the first team not players that are just cluttering up the squad just in case we get an injury.

Every1 just needs to have faith in what the management team are doing.there will be an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes that nobody has any idea about. I'm sure we will have 2 or 3new players before the season starts and then use the loan market well with young premiership talent.can't see us starting the season with only a squad of 16 first team players.not gonna happen.in cotts we trust as the saying goes....

coyr

• Admin

I don't understand the need for back up squad players, we want players that are going to improve the first team not players that are just cluttering up the squad just in case we get an injury.

I didn't mean it that way, I meant sign players who can challenge in that position & we get a backup player as a byproduct of them either not quite making it, or the existing player becomes the backup. But we then have the ability not to rely on 11 players being available for every game.

Last season Bristol City players made 632 appearances. 139 of those appearances were by players no longer at the club.

Worried.

Haven't posted much this summer as i'd rather just keep quiet, but fork it, i'll allow myself one honest post under the freedom of speech moniker.

Very worried. I sense a relegation dog fight on the cards. I look at the quality of the Championship and our squad and it's okay at best. Steve got us out of league 1 with a plan A that worked really well 90% of the time. Even last year though, it was clear there was no plan B and at times we looked poor because of it. Is our plan A good enough to best 2 thirds of the Championship? Does Steve have the capacity to think his way out of it if not?

Sorry, it's the only post of this nature i'll make this summer but it is genuinely how i feel.

Guess we can evaluate this come September 1st with squad numbers, start to the campaign, injuries. So a bit patient. A bit worried. A bit bored.

Will be more relieved after a few dinks from Kodjia :-)

Archived