IGNORED

Football Gold

rockinrobin

100% agree with you. Having watched the Brighton vs SWINDLE semi final, I cam safely say it was one of the worst football games ever played.

Brighton should've been comprehensively beaten by the quality we had in that side. The fact that they weren't is to this day simply unacceptable.

And Hartlepool were the best side in the play offs (whilst not being the bet during the season).

Not sure whether I agree that they were the best side, they had nothing to lose as they were rank outsiders so played with no fear.

Port Vale were the unlucky ones to miss out on the Play offs that season, did the double over us.

Realistically though we rode our luck. We got fortunate with injuries and in that we had an extraordinary team spirit and never say die attitude at that moment in our long history. But clinically looking at the quality of players in that team, we were nowhere near premier league standard.

The players we had were nowhere near. The players our billionaire owner could have bought in a time of no FFP though....

I never held anything against Hull or their supporters. I did however get angry reading reports of the game saying that Hull were by far the better team- Journalist must have watched a different game to me because I thought it was pretty close! Having said that we could still be there now and wouldn't have scored yet, was certainly one of those days.

The players we had were nowhere near. The players our billionaire owner could have bought in a time of no FFP though....

I never held anything against Hull or their supporters. I did however get angry reading reports of the game saying that Hull were by far the better team- Journalist must have watched a different game to me because I thought it was pretty close! Having said that we could still be there now and wouldn't have scored yet, was certainly one of those days.

Yep adebola was fantastic at palace sadly he was terrible at wembley.

I was gonna post something similar yesterday but decided not to.

I also watched the game for first time since defeat and was quite surprised how much we were the attacking team (despite lack of actual shots on target) and their goal came as a counter from one of these attacks. Watching back it was very obvious on the day how we were too reliant on putting high balls in the air for Dele to knock down - I wouldn't say he had a bad game but they just defended very well on the day, especially the Dawson block from Trundle volley near end of game.

Also the loss of Orr was quite bad, im not gonna open a HUGE can of worms but moving Elliott to right back was such a big mistake on the day.....

Archived