IGNORED

Communication

John Galley

Better still is a Fans Liaison Officer who refuses to partially undertake said "liaising" via this particular medium. 

Apart from the stadium-related videos with Lisa Knights (I think?) and the previous glossy fly-through stuff, the club's comms could do with a total re-think. 

Better still is a Fans Liaison Officer who refuses to partially undertake said "liaising" via this particular medium.

Apart from the stadium-related videos with Lisa Knights (I think?) and the previous glossy fly-through stuff, the club's comms could do with a total re-think.

Andrew Billigham attending the 3 lions and meeting fans was a plus mark and he admitted that BS needed to concentrate more on the Bristol City brand. well this site gives them access to thousands for Bristol sport and Dave l Adam B etc to get the Bristol City brand message out.

Spend time making videos saying they are struggling to sign players or spend time trying to sign players. What would you prefer.

Do you have to be told its raining to put your coat on?

They are obviously trying to sign players and are finding it hard to get them over the line, for whatever reason. They'd be foolish to reveal the reason so are rightfully keeping quiet.

A bit like matrix signs on the motorway displaying the word FOG.

I was just wondering how everyone followed their club years ago when then was no internet. How did they query the colour of the away kit socks or find out who the new left back for the youth team is? :)

Kits would be Beryl in the club shop. brilliant ambassador for City time for everybody.

And your imagination and the culture of the club.

But let's face it, any organisation that thinks data cleansing of any new IT system, let alone a customer facing one, can be done after go live and that testing needn't be rigorous is likely to be half baked in other areas.

am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of this ?

For the record, I never found DL aloof nor condescending.

On the contrary, I always found him extremely helpful and, given the parameters within which he was obliged to work, I think his contribution - frequently late at night and, thus, out of working hours - was commendable.

I think we sometimes forget that DL was (is) an employee of the club and, by extension, was/is obliged to toe the company line.

Whatever his personal views concerning flags (or even bubbles!), if the club say X, DL is obliged to post X.

We may be proud (poetic licence) to have the biggest, loudest, hardest supporters in the league, 'taking' ends throughout the country and spreading terror wherever we go, but the club's corporate image does not support such a view: DL was obliged to follow this view and, on occasion, to warn fans that certain behaviour would not be tolerated.

Whatever your views on the messages you received, I should hope that you do not hold DL personally responsible therefor.

Personally, I miss him.

"Whatever your views on the messages you received, I should hope that you do not hold DL personally responsible therefor."

Dave L stated on this forum that he chose to withdraw from contributing.

Archived