IGNORED

7 Million + Striker

WaggiesQuiff

Yawn. The itk stance is getting boring. Not one proven to be correct so far so I'll choose to take it as your opinion. You may well be right but equally it could be Gayle or another striker.

I have never claimed to be in the know.... I get told things now and again from Woodsy and Fordy.... ;)

If you are saying that none of my 'opinions' have been correct so far then fair enough I will believe that 'fact' of yours.... :)

I have never claimed to be in the know.... I get told things now and again from Woodsy and Fordy.... ;)

If you are saying that none of my 'opinions' have been correct so far then fair enough I will believe that 'fact' of yours.... :)

That's it, I never give you a snippet ever again

My guess is Matt Smith. He did well here and also fitted in extremely well with Cott's squad togetherness ethos.

And I seem to recall Cotts hinted when his loan period was up that "we would have to wait and see" if he would be looking to sign him permanently for next season.

Feel like I've gone on holiday and walked into a pub full of locals. Yikes. :)

Not questioning whether TM is a good bloke or not, I'm sure he is (but then I would say that if I was in a strange pub on my own with a group of locals staring at me), just getting fed up of factual posts based on nothing (which might be wrong in this case).

For those saying maybe Matt Smith, I highly doubt it. He came on strong for Fulham(after a strong showing for us) at the end of the season. Was reported he went to Fulham for 500k. I don't think he's gone up in value 14 times in a year. Not for a guy that had a stint in L1 because he couldn't get a game in the championship.

I don't know anything though. Just seems unlikely. If the name were to come out tomorrow and there were odds on who it was, my money would be on someone like Gray or Gayle. Could be someone similar not mentioned but I'd imagine it was someone of similar ilk to the other two I mentioned.

I believe it was Matt Smith.

It would make sense -  why would a rival championship team sell a player unless they could get 'stupid' money for him.

Source? An ex-player 'in the know'.

There are no ex-players "in the know" unless they are related to Matt Smith, or are his agent.

Dwight Gayle was the man we were quoted closer to 8m for way back earlier this summer. SC had several players lined up after end of last season, but the deals were not completed, SC had done his work on the players and then left it to others. Since then prices have gone up with others agreeing deals elsewhere. Our only chance now is waiting to the end of the window or for Yannick to move for big fee. Unless clubs decide to reduce the fees previously quoted. That's my view for what it's worth.

Dwight Gayle was the man we were quoted closer to 8m for way back earlier this summer. SC had several players lined up after end of last season, but the deals were not completed, SC had done his work on the players and then left it to others. Since then prices have gone up with others agreeing deals elsewhere. Our only chance now is waiting to the end of the window or for Yannick to move for big fee. Unless clubs decide to reduce the fees previously quoted. That's my view for what it's worth.

Do you know that for a fact?

I'd be amazed if we were in for Gayle, not because I wouldn't like to see him here, but because he is clearly out of our reach. I really hope we've not wasted 1 minute of our summer trying to sign players like this. We need to be realistic

Dwight was one player we enquired about. Didn't say we spent loads of time on this one. The only way this one could work is part of negotiation with the Yannick sale, which hasn't now happened, and is unlikely to happen as CP are unlikely to sell him for the amount they currently want for him.

Dwight was one player we enquired about. Didn't say we spent loads of time on this one. The only way this one could work is part of negotiation with the Yannick sale, which hasn't now happened, and is unlikely to happen as CP are unlikely to sell him for the amount they currently want for him.

Not aimed at you mate, at the club!

This is 100% correct

Archived